Chapter 34

*Viraj*

This trick never fails to work.

Bass thoda chadhaa do Aslesha ko, ye bol ke ke vo nahi kar sakti vo fattu hai, aur vo seedhe kar ke dikhayegi.

It worked during bungee jumping and it worked now. Both times I didn't expect her to actually do it. But this is Aslesha we're talking about. Expect the unexpected.

I smile as I look at her take the mic. The song starts. I've heard it before but I don't remember it. She has a sweet voice. Everything about her is sweet.

I'm so into you, I can barely breathe
And all I wanna do is to fall in deep.
But close ain't close enough till we cross the line,
So name a game to play, and I'll roll a dice..

She sings, her eyes trained on me as everyone starts cheering around us.

Oh, baby, look what you started
The temperature's rising in here
Is this gonna happen?
Been waiting and waiting for you to make a move..
Before I make a move.

She slowly removes her shirt jacket and the boys start whistling and howling. I frown at them. Then I look at Aslesha who is now in just her crop top and shorts.

She's wearing a lot more than the other girls here but still I feel like covering her from the eyes of all these greedy jerks here. Bloody hell!

So baby come light me up, and maybe I'll let you on it,
A little bit dangerous, but baby that's how I want it
A little less conversation and a little more touch my body..
Cause I'm so into you, into you, into you..
Got everyone watching us, so baby let's keep it secret
A little bit scandalous, but baby don't let them see it
A little less conversation and a little more touch my body....
Cause I'm so into you, into you, into you..

Everyone starts clapping for her when she ends the song. Just when I'm about to walk up to her a guy comes and announces that the trance party is starting. Everyone gets up and rushes towards the stage.

When I look again Aslesha is not where she was before. The lights go off and just our neon paint can be seen in the darkness.

Shit ye kaha chali gayi? Kahi usse kuch..

Ye sab mat soch Viraj. This is a place with security. Vo yahi kahi hogi aur safe hogi.

But nahi rahi toh..?

I start looking for her everywhere, panic rising inside me. Kaha ho tum Aslesha?

Then I see her near the paint booth and I sigh a breath of relief. But then my eyes take the whole scenario.

Relief gaya tel lene!

Aslesha is painting a guys arm with a bright pink paint and they are laughing together. Mai yaha uske liye pareshaan ho raha hu aur ye madam ladko ke saath masti mazak kar rahi hai.

Lekin mai kyu itna bhadak raha hu? Mai bhi toh dusri ladki se hi khud ko paint karwaya. Jasmine naam tha uska. Mai kis haq se uspe gussa kar sakta hu?

But mai toh aisa hi hu. Casanova type. Vo itni perfect ladki hai, faaltugiri nahi karti vo kabhi.

Abhi bhi nahi kar rahi.

Fuck what's wrong with me? She's just painting the guys arm, not kissing him.

Suddenly an image of Aslesha kissing another guy flashes in my mind and I clench my fists.

What the fuck. Itna gussa kyu aa raha hai mujhe. I need some more drinks to clear my head.