Chapter 31

*Viraj*

I feel something move below my arm. Bed hill raha hai? Lekin pura bed nahi hill raha, bass mere arm ke neeche kuch. Aur ye jo bhi hai vo bed ki tarah toh feel nahi ho raha.

I slowly open my eyes and my eyes land on her angelic face.

Aslesha.

A smile appears on my lips as I sigh. Yesterday when I couldn't find her, Pari told me that she went to sleep. Then when we were going upstairs I pushed Pari into my bedroom so that Rudra and her get to spend more time.

Or so that I get to sleep beside Aashi.

I don't know why I tend to get proper, sound sleep beside her. Two consecutive days, sleeping beside a girl, just sleeping. And that too, Aashi. Who would've thought?

Meri number one dushman, we literally made each other's life hell in school, now she's sleeping beside me peacefully. I take a look at her features, remembering how she always goes pink when I catch her staring.

Her long deep lashes, fanning her cheeks. She has a beautiful face structure. That perky nose and pouty soft pink lips. My eyes linger a little longer than necessary on her lips.

She is beautiful. Not in the Barbie doll  kind of way where it seems unrealistic. She's a natural beauty. She has the kind of face which a person can never forget. Which will make you stop and turn to take a better look.

I see that my arm is on her stomach and I slowly remove it as I feel a little warmth in my chest.

I brush off the tendrils away from her face as she curls up into a ball and mumbles something inaudible. I stiffen, afraid that I woke her up. But then her breathing gets even again and I let out the breathe I didn't know I was holding.

What the fuck am I doing? Behaving like a sappy hero from those dumb romantic movies. Romance and love are something off my list. I'm allergic to it and don't wanna get ruined by that feeling. Ever.

'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all.'

That soft voice rings in my head and I know it's time to get away right this instance. I need to clear my mind. I should go for a run.

It's still 8 am so when I go down nobody is present except Neel. He is making coffee and I sit on the stool of the counter.

"Morning little lover boy" he says when he sees me.

"Morning Captain Chaddi" I reply and he purses his lips.

"Mere liye bhi coffee banaa" I say rubbing my eyes.

"Tere baap ka naukar nahi hu" he retorts but still hands me a mug of coffee.

"Itne jaldi kyu utha hai tu?" I ask taking a sip of coffee.

"Unlike you, I don't have someone to cuddle with for the whole night" he smirks. Oh god, not again.

"We were not cuddling" I snap at him.

"Oh, so you did sleep together" he smirks.

"Chup bey" I roll my eyes and he laughs.

"Aaaa-shi" he sneezes. Or should I say fake sneezes.

"Really dude? Second grade wale bhi tujhse better hai" I say. What's wrong with this guy?

"Arre cheenk aa rahi hai yaar. Aaaa-shi.. aaa-shi".

I look at him blankly and he laughs. Saala haramkhor!

Time to change the topic before he irritates me more.