Chapter 7

*Aslesha*

I open my locker and start removing my books when someone taps my right shoulder and I look towards my right. Nobody. I turn my head the other way and find Rudra grinning at me.

"Majnu" I say scowling at him and he raises his hands defensively and takes a step backward.

"Whoa! Koi toh bure mood me hai. Aaj bhi" he says chuckling lightly.

"Whoa! Koi toh maar khaane wala hai. Aaj bhi" I say and slam the locker door shut and smirk at him.

He has a packet of Lay's in his hands and I take a fistful of chips out. "Hawaa kha rahe ho?" I ask and he looks at me confused. Duh.

"Moti" he murmurs. "I heard that Majnu" I say with my mouthful.

"Where's Pari?" He asks. "Her elder brother is dropping her today" I reply with the crumbs flying everywhere. Disgusting I know but whatever.

We reach the class and I go sit on my permanent seat. Shabnam is writing something in her book while Joel has fallen asleep on her shoulder.

How cute they look.

Mr. Keechad-uchhaalu has not arrived yet. Pari enters the class and I give her a small wave.

"Devdas, Paro aa gayi" I say and Rudra looks up quickly and gives her a wave. "Stop calling me names moti!" He says and then smiles at Pari. I turn to talk to her when I hear shrieking.

"Veer! You are a dog! Like how could you do this to me? Pehle mere peeche bhaagte rahe aur ab you are saying it's not working anymore!" the girl squeals and I recognise her as Viraj's girlfriend. Well ex girlfriend now I guess. I saw her clinging to Viraj a few times last week.

Viraj runs his hands through his hair and sighs.

"But you were the one who asked me to meet you in that abandoned classroom on the very first day remember?" He says giving her a bored look.

She looks around to see if anyone heard him say that and everyone did actually.

Bechari.

"How dare you. Like how could you say this! Like mai tumhara khoon pee jaaungi!!" She shrieks and I actually have an urge to shut my ears. Why is she shrieking so much, bloody hell!

Not so bechari I guess.

"That lipstick is actually blood?" Viraj says in horror, looking terrified and the whole class laughs as the khooni girls mouth falls open.

Did I just call her the khooni girl? Well I don't know her name, so I'll stick with that.

"Okay then I'll see you around... Um bye" he says and walks towards our bench.

I see that she follows him and comes towards us. "You won't find a girl like me. LIKE EVER!" she says, I mean shouts, and flips her hair and for a moment eyes me up and down and leaves.

"Chahiye bhi nahi" Viraj murmurs and I almost laugh out loud at that line.

After this little high school fight, our history professor Mr. Tedhaa enters. I forgot his real name and have started calling him Mr. Tedhaa because he can't stand straight.

Ya I have a name for every teacher by now.

He starts going on about something and I don't pay attention drawing doodles on my book.

".... volunteers for working in the library" he says and that gets my attention. "All those interested please go to the library after college you'll get more details there" he says.