Chapter 2: A mysterious encounter

Dear readers,

I'm really sorry I didn't update the story for 3 weeks. I've been really busy. So here's a chapter.

Peace,

Celestia

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Walking home under blistering heat in the month of May wasn't my best decision. I was never someone who could control their temper especially when it's hot inside and outside. I wanted to reach home as soon as possible and relax under the air conditioner. 

In my hurry and lost in my own thoughts, I bumped into someone.

I managed to right myself before I fell. But I couldn't say the same for the other person as they were lying flat on the ground.

With the devil of a sun on my back and my current temper, I burst out at the person. "Where the hell have you been looking? Do you have eyes or what? Get the hell out of my way."

My POLICE sunglasses prevented me from viewing the person in front of me clearly, but I figured out it was a girl.

Her voice surprised me. It was sweet and crystal clear. Her reply was even more surprising.

"Aren't you in a pleasant mood? Must be the sun. I am pretty sure you were the one who wasn't looking where you are going. And I was the one who fell on my butt, not you."

How dare she? My entire life people have always sucked up to me.  And now who is she coming around and accusing me?

Hmmm. Interesting.

Must be a new girl. Never seen her around before. That was a bad first impression I gave her. I slowly composed myself.

" Sorry. I was in a hurry. I didn't mean to knock you down. But you don't seem to know who I am?"

She laughed. " Didn't know you were some celebrity miss? I'm sorry. I shouldn't have buried my head in the GPS."

I smiled." Hi. Name's Tara. Tara Kumar. It's a pleasure to meet you."

I slowly removed my sunglasses in order to see her clearly. But before that could happen someone hugged me from behind and covered my eyes.

" Guess who it is? " I would recognize that voice anywhere.

" I know it's you Varun. Now let go." Varun was the only guy I loved in this world excluding my Dad. My lovely cousin let go of his hands.

" Surprise! Ok it wasn't one technically since you guessed it. But whatever. How is my little star doing?" He calls me little star since my name Tara meant 'star' in Hindi.

"I'm doing okay I guess Varun."

" Call me 'bhaiya'. I'm elder than you." he said trying to sound stern. Bhaiya meant elder brother in Hindi.

"No formalities between us . You will always be Varun to me." I smiled an actual smile. I could never fake myself in front of him.

" Alright. But who was that girl you were talking to? She is really cute. I would turn straight for her."

WERE? Oh. She's gone. Sheesh. I didn't even get to see her properly or ask her name.

" It's a long story......." And then I started narrating to him what had happened.

Varun and I share a deep bond. We weren't normal cousins. We were much more than that. He was a brother from another mother. My best friend. 

Our relation goes way back. It strengthened when we confided our secrets to each other which were bottle up for so many years. He was gay. 

I felt bad for Varun since Indian guys were the biggest assholes on earth. They were outright egoistical jerks. I cant imagine him being happy and free with a guy. But I really do hope he finds someone like that.

I'm lucky to have someone like him in my life. I know that there are many others who don't have one. 

That night as I lay in my bed awake, my mind was drifting back to that girl. How I wish I could have seen her?