Prologue

Narration is given in italics.
Dialogues are in normal.

Tara's P.O.V

It was so unusual but today I hadn't been feeling sleepy at all. Usually I had be out cold by 11:00pm cuz me and sleep are bae. But today I had laid awake for 5 hours straight.

There was this feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach. 

This feeling of dread usually comes when something bad and unexpected is going to happen.

The first time this feeling came I had found one of my closest friends about to suicide. I had arrived at the nick of time or else i would have lost one of the most amazing people to be ever born on this planet.

Currently it was 4:00 in the morning. It would be sunrise in a few hours anyways. I decided to go for a walk near a lake I had found yesterday morning after a jog.

It would be refreshing and maybe this feeling of dread will go away.

I took out my deep violet Kashmiri shawl and wrapped it around myself. Kashmir is known for its freezing cold climate but the beauty of the snow covered mountains and trees is worth it. 

I slowly opened the hotel room door. My college mates and I had come for a tour here in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir. Noone was awake. Good. I didn't want my friends or teachers worrying about me.  

It was still dark as I stepped out into the cold atmosphere. Leading my way with a flashlight, I proceeded with my  10 minute walk to the lake.

As I neared the lake, I breathed in relief. Not a soul in sight. India is not a safe place for a 17 year old teenage girl walking by herself.

BUT WAIT! Who is that????

I thought I was alone. But no. There. A shadow. Looks like a girl. What is she trying to do walking into the lake?

And then that feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach strengthened. All I could feel was DANGER.

"Hey! Stop! Come back here. What r u doing out here?", I half shouted at the girl.

She had stopped walking but the lake water had reached till her chest.

She seemed to have frozen at my words. Then she slowly turned to meet my eyes.

AND THEN I GOT THE BIGGEST SHOCK OF MY LIFE.

I stood rooted at the place unable to comprehend what was happening.

Trying to DENY reality.

Making myself believe that this was all just a nightmare, one I didn't want to see EVER AGAIN.

Then escaped a scream from my mouth. A scream filled with AGONY.

WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE HER?

WHY FID IT HAVE TO BE THE GIRL I LOVED TRYING TO SUICIDE NOW?

"STOP"My voice rang out through broken sobs." Please dont do this. You can't do this to me."

She smiled.

That smile which brought a smile onto my face everytime I saw it.

But this time that smile was one filled with pain.

And then she mouthed a SORRY before she walked into the grasping clutches of the doors of death.

NO.

She has been my only lifeline to this world.

She was the reason I decided to give life another chance.

She cannot leave me behind in this horrible state.

I cannot let her GO of her.

I decided that I was going after her, no matter the consequences.

The chances were slim that we would escape.

I may never come back up again. Maybe death will catch hold of both of us.

BUT AT LEAST I WILL BE DYING WITH HER IN MY ARMS,

NEVER LETTING GO.......................