Chapter 22 : Our fright fest fears

On October 8th mine and Matthew's world was stood on it's head. Matthew had invited me to go to fright fest at the Great Escape with him 2 weeks prior to this event even occurring. His college was running ticket sales to the Great Escapes annual fright fest they have every year Matthew thought this would be the perfect opportunity for us to have our first date so he invited me along without telling his parents that he was inviting me along. He paid for the tickets on the 8th of October with his own money and we had planned to spend the day together. His parents unfortunately intercepted us and that night his mother asked to see the recipt for the tickets. She saw that there were 2 tickets listed and not just one . She became out raged with what Matthew had done not thinking about why he did it.
   There was a reason he didn't tell his parents and that was because we knew what their immediate reaction was going to be. They were going to say no just like they did to us when Matt wanted me to go to prom with him back in May of last year. That night he got a tongue lashing from both his father and mother. When I found out what had happened because my mom told me what they posted on Facebook yes they went public with it and said " Matthew Purdy you sneaky ass plan didn't work can't believe you did this." Now when my mother told me this my first reaction was me punching the wall and yelling  " SHIT". This was because I knew how bad this could get. I got ahold of Luanne to tell her what was going on but Nancy had already called her and told her everything. I was crying on the floor of my bedroom that day. I was overwhelmed  I couldn't even function right my body was in such a state of panic and anxiety it was almost like death. His parents thought Luanne was telling me things that I wasn't supposed to know about Matthew's home life but that wasn't the case. I can see how he is treated at home because he tells me and I can infer things that perfectly make sense and our normally correct. His home life is no wheres near great. He is practically maid. His mother also texted me that night and said " Matthew is in big trouble for this and won't be associating with anyone for a long time just focus on college." This enraged me and made me angry. Matthew and I did nothing wrong yet we were being taken away from each other. After this was all over and his parents had made their decision. I talked to Luanne part of the night to try and calm down. It was the first night in forever since Matthew had not sent me "Goodnight and I love you ". This text used to help me sleep through the night happily knowing that I would wake up and talk to him in the morning.
That night I couldn't sleep everytime I tried I was woken up by either my thoughts or a heartwrenching panic attack. The next day after school Matthew was on Facebook and so was I it seemed very suspicious. I then was unfriended by him and blocked on Messenger.  This made me upset this came to me as the biggest shock since my grandfather passing away when I was 8 years old at the time and I had the same reaction. I cried for days on end I wasn't happy ever. I would cry myself to sleep every night for 2 weeks.