CHAPTER FOUR

"Dad! Dad!"

Hal Mason, a brown haired tall guy, yelled as he was guarding the gate. He ran up to his father, all out of breath. "There's something you have to see." He said in a serious tone. Tom mason, Hal's father, tilted his head and looked at Hal. He nodded as the two walked to John Pope and his little group, the berserkers— a group of people formed by John Pope. Pope was holding a piece of paper– it looked like a little note. "Found it this morning, in the woods" Pope explained as he handed Tom the note. "It just says my name?" Tom said a bit confused. Pope shook his head and rolled his eyes in an annoyed way as he flipped the paper. "Name AND address." He said. It was true, on the back of the paper was his old address written down. Tom let out a sigh. He missed his home, he missed his wife, he missed the sound of his boys waking up and fighting who got the bathroom first. "Maybe it's just .. an old friend of yours that's trying to find you?" Hal suggested as he shrugged his shoulders. Tom folded the piece of paper and put it in his jeans pocket. "Doesn't matter. We've got bigger things to worry about."

Hal Mason.

Tom Mason

Tom Mason.

John Pope

John Pope.

Meanwhile, a few kilometers away from the second mass, the four friends were still trying to find the second mass. Tala looked around as she was holding her gun, ready to attack if it was necessary. It was getting darker outside. "We should try to find a sleeping place for tonight." Tobias suggested as Maya shook her head. "No. No. We should keep looking, we're close, I know it." She said with a nod. "And how are you so sure, hm?? It feels like we've been walking in circles." Tobias snapped as Maya stopped walking. She was quiet for thirty seconds before opening her mouth. "I'm not sure okay?! Is that what you wanted to hear??? I'm so sick of you constantly whining! You m-" but before she could finish her sentence, she heard laughter and yelling. All four of them stopped talking and looked around. "Its coming from there!" Maya said as she began walking. Tala immediately stopped her. "We dont know if it's your dad." She said in a serious tone. Maya looked at Tala and then loaded her gun.
"We'll see."

It was dark outside and all four of them could barely see anything. The four of them continued to walk. "There!" Maya said, starting to smile. It was a gate, there was light and they heard voices and laughter. Noah and Tala looked at each other as they followed Maya. They all loaded their guns, just in case. They walked closer to the gate. "Don't take another step!" Someone then suddenly yelled as they heard about ten people loading their guns. It came from the gate. Maya, Noah, Tobias and Tala quickly put their hands in the air. "Drop your guns!" A brown haired tall guy yelled. All four of them put their guns down and kept their hands up. "What are you four doing here?" The brown haired boy yelled. Maya looked at him. "Hal.. we should let them in first and then-" a blonde haired boy said as Hal shook his head. "We don't know their intentions, Ben." He whispered to his sixteen years old brother, Ben Mason. Tala looked at Maya as Maya looked back at her. Maya gave Tala quick nod as she turned her head back to the gate and the ten people who were guarding the gate.
  "W-we're here for Tom Mason."