Chapter 6

Her mom made a delicious breakfast, so she had no choice but to eat even if she didn't had any appetite. She then went to work. Some greeted her but this time she's completely an emotionless doll.

She went to her desk and started working, after a couple of hours her co-worker tapped her shoulder. "Hey, Euthalia right? Its time to grab lunch, wanna join us?" Breena said.

Euthalia looked at her, she has taken breena's appearance. She is beautiful alright, they probably have the same age, (21) as well. "Thank you but I dont have any appetite. you go ahead first"

"awww. Ok then. See ya later" Breena and the rest of the interns left the office to grabe lunch.

Hallways are empty, the office of the other departments are all almost empty as well, since everyone is on break or meeting. She heard a knocked on the door that made her turn her head.

Shaun is there holding a box of his belongings, he smiled sheepishly and walked up to her. "I just wanted to say sorry, I have to do this.. I hope you understand"

"yeah? didn't you said that already? just leave, if thats going to make you happy" euthalia had her eyes glued on the screen of her computer.

He groan in frustration as he set the box aside. "Do I look happy to you? You have no idea whats going on to me! Why do I keep thinking about you? why do I feel the need to actually avoid you but at the same time that decision hurts me. When I shouldn't be feeling this!"

Euthalia was left speechless. Shaun grabbed his box. "Im out of here.." he said and was about to walked away when they heard an explosion. 'BOOOOM!!!"

The impact of the explosion was too hard that they both lost balance, electricity went out And smokes are everywhere. "Shaun?" "Euthalia, im here!" they couldn't see much because of the smoke so they had to crawled carefully until they were able to hold each others hand.

"Did you got hurt?" shaun worriedly asked. as he checked if she got hurt. "No, im fine. But what was that explosion??" they helped each other to stand up, as the smokes starts to lessen. They walked out of the office cautiously. "I don't know what happened but Damn we probably aren't supposed to be together. Now there's an explosion?!"

"You seriously think its my fault?!" she yanked her hand away but shaun caught it again and holds it tight. "No! im just saying that, it seems like a lot of 'these' happens when we're together" he chuckled to lighten up the mood.

They can hear someone laughing. that made them stopped walking. "We finnaly got them" A familiar voice can be heard.

The 3 thugs who harassed her was there, grinning at them. Shaun protectively put himself in front of her. "What do you want?!" he shouted at them.

From the ugly-homeless-addicted-look the 3 thugs have, their appearance and body built change. And it turns out they're not that bad looking after all but they do still looked scary.

The most muscular one stepped in front of him. He has a long messy hair and his body is filled with tattoos "Its you two who wanted something, right? something you wanted back?"

Shaun looked back at euthalia who is just as dumbfounded as him then looked at him again. "I don't have any idea what you're talking about"

He chuckled and then headbutts shaun, knocking him out immediately. the last thing he heard was euthalia's calling out his name.
-*-

When he regained his consciousness. They were in a small room, both tied up on a chair. "Shaun! finally you're awake!"

"Where.. Where are we?" he was still dizzy and trying to recall what had happened.

"I don't know they knocked me out as well." euthalia's wrist is all red now she's been struggling to escape.

"Ok.. ok! Just calmed down ok? We'll get out of here" shaun laughs a little when he realized that she's not even scared or crying in panic.

"We will! if only we can cut these ropes." euthalia said as she looked around for something sharp and within her reach but there was nothing.

After what felt like an hour. the door opened and the 3 goons entered the room.

"Looks like we can start!" beamed the one who headbutts shaun. He looked at the other two. "Gas and Orien, hurry up" he commanded.

The so-called Gas has the same tattoos as their leader, although his hair is short but just as messy. He took out some black and white candles, He placed 6 white candles around shaun, then did the same with euthalia except he used 6 black candles and lit them all up.

While Orien the non-tattooed pale looking thin one started drawing on the floor, he made a large circle, in the middle of the circle he draw a pair of wings but the wings are quite different from each other.

As Orien finished his drawing, Euthalia is full of questions and it seems like shauns feeling the same way

As Orien finished his drawing, Euthalia is full of questions and it seems like shauns feeling the same way. she looked at the 'leader'

"Whats your name? Are you guys part of some cult? how were you able to change your appearances? Are you going to sacrifice us or something?" it felt ridiculous saying those but its obvious that this is their intentions with them. She couldn't think of any logical explanation why they're kidnapped.

"The name is Sulfus, and its nice to see you again Seraphine" Gas, Orien and the leader sulfus all looked at each other and started laughing so hard like they'd gone crazy.