Grinning, I take a piece and thank him before starting on my pizza and chips. I had opted to go for the Neapolitan pizza whilst Maddox went for a pepperoni one. Looking around, I can see lots of students in the café and the seats are almost filled as more students walk in searching for a place to sit. Since it's currently lunchtime there is a much bigger crowd coming in and the queue at the checkouts are long.

"Where's Eva?" Maddox asks suddenly, making me frown as I remember that I haven't seen her in class today.

"I don't know. I thought she left early when she didn't come down for breakfast. I was running late so I didn't check her room either."

"Her room is a pig sty." He snorts before taking a sip of his drink. "I doubt you could even see her if you checked her room."

I giggle before nodding in agreement. "I was only able to find her one time because she told me where she was."

"You're kidding me, right?" He asks with an unhinged jaw, which I immediately close because I could see his chewed-up food. "She never tells me where she is!"

"Well, I guess we know who her favourite housemate is." I chirp, grinning mischievously at Maddox who only kicks my leg lightly in reply.

We continue to chat about our next class and how much Maddox hates it before I ask if he will be sticking around on campus after. He tells me he has no plans after this class and I repeat the same thing. We are thinking about what to do when suddenly his eyes light up in excitement and he turns to me.

"Are you up for baking this evening?" He grins, hope in his eyes as he stares at me.

"Okay!" I nod, pushing my empty tray away so I can rest my arms on the table. "But what should we bake?"

"Brownies." He states without hesitation, making me frown.

"No, you ate all of them last time! All Eva and I got were crumbs!" I protest, shaking my head when he smiles sheepishly.

"Luna," He drags my name out in a pleading manner. "I promise I'll leave you guys some. Please, I've been craving them for ages!"

"I made them two weeks ago." I deadpan, rolling my eyes when he frowns in confusion.

"Really? It feels like a month went by."

I chuckle before agreeing, but not before making him swear that he won't eat them all up. If there's one thing you need to know about Maddox, it's that he has a sweet tooth and every now and then he needs a wake up call. Especially when he would go to buy groceries and come back with more candy than actual food!

***

"Maddox, I need that for the brownies!" I yell, snatching the chocolate away from his hands.

"Oh...sorry Luna. I thought you had some and this was just extra." He smiles sheepishly as I stare at the chunk he has bit off already.

I sigh and shake my head, telling him to get me the flour, butter, sugar and eggs. He got to it immediately and I break the chocolate into pieces before adding it into a bowl so that it could melt. I like to use this method instead of melting chocolate in a microwave like my mum prefers.

Maddox hands me the butter and I cut and measure exactly how much I need before adding it to the melting chocolate. As I stir the ingredients, Maddox places the flour, eggs and sugar onto the counter before grabbing the weighing scale and measuring them.