Rituals and Advise

When Allah removes something in your possession, it is only in order to empty your hands for an even greater gift. ~Khadimul Quran.

**********************************

Alhaan's p.o.v:

Qureshi Mansion:

Ar-Rahim(The Exceedingly Merciful), the ever so kind who bestows his mercy upon us even for the tiniest deed. And when we express gratification, He again bless us with something even more good. And this chain of mercy continues throughout.

Words aren't enough to express my thankfulness to the Almighty for the blessings in my life. Just one more day and Inaraah will be here with me as my legally wedded wife, as Inaraah Alhaan Qureshi. Even though I am a bit nervous but the thought that Inaraah would be mine completely is making my heart flutter.

After she resigned last month, I didn't get a glimpse of her even once. I didn't like her idea of quitting the job and wanted to stop her but Abbu accepted her resignation. From that day, I am literally counting minutes to get a glance of her, to be with her.

Sitting in my room, I feel like an idiot doing nothing except dreaming. Thinking about Inaraah, I realized that tomorrow she will leave her everything behind, just for me. She is practically sacrificing her life to complete mine and I am being nothing but selfish. I didn't bother to know what she feels about it and this made me hate myself.

I walked into the balcony to get some fresh air. I looked at the sun which was shining brightly in the sky spreading its light and warmth to the world. I feel every women is like that sun who burn themselves to lit the path of their loved ones. An unknown feeling took birth in me which wants to protect her from every evil. I want to hide her from this corrupt world and keep her safe in my arms. Still gazing at the sky, I let the thoughts submerge me.

I may not be your light; but I won't let the darkness engulf you..

I may not be your warmth, but I won't let the cold reach you..

I may not be your pleasant mornings; but I will shield you from awful nights..

I may not be the smile on your lips; but I will never be the tears in your eyes..

Maybe I can never be your shining star; but I promise to be your sky..

The ringing of the phone broke my thoughts and I went back in my room to take my phone. I was quite surprised to see Ziyaad Bhai's name on display. I received the call and greeted him, "Assalamualaikum Bhai."

"Walaikum Asalam. Uh.. I.. Alhaan can we meet?" He asked.

"Bhai is everything alright?" I questioned with fear creeping in me.

"Alhamdullilah everything is fine. I just want to talk to you. So can we meet?" Ziyaad bhai said.

"Sure bhai. I will meet you at Daffodils cafe at 2.30 pm."

"Okay see you then. Allahafiz." Saying so he disconnected the call leaving me in my own thoughts.

After freshening and changing, I left my room to inform mamma about it. The living room was bustling with relatives, some working, some gossiping and some relaxing. I spotted mamma in this mini crowd and went near her.

"Mamma I...." She didn't even let me speak and replied, "Not now Chote, I am busy."

Wow its my wedding and my own mother is not having time to hear me out. Great!!!