Engagement??

"No one can be given a blessing better and greater than patience." ~Prophet Muhammad s.a.w {Ref-Sahih Al Bukhari}.

************************************

Alhaan's p.o.v.

Inaraah's house:

"Alhaan sir," she whispered but still I could make it out. And for the first time I smiled genuinely looking at her. Maybe it sounds cliche but I felt my heart skipping it's beat. Today I understood that Inaraah is the most important and inseparable part of me. And if these are the signs of love, then possibly I am in love with Miss Hijabi whose simplicity and modesty captured my heart.

"Assalamualaikum." Inaraah and the other two ladies who I suppose are her Bhabis greeted everyone. We all replied to their greeting. Inaraah settled on the sofa with her bhabi's on either side.

"She is Samiha, Fahad's wife and she is Afreen, Shaad's wife. Fahad Bhai's mom introduced them. Inaraah was holding Shaad Bhai's wife hand from the time she entered the room. I was observing her who was looking scared and her hold on her Bhabi's hand tightened.

"Why are you so surprised Inaraah? You weren't expecting us here?" Ghazala Bhabi asked.

She looked up at Bhabi and shook her head as no. She didn't knew about us. That means she wasn't aware about my proposal. Now I was scared. All the 'What if' again circled my senses.

'What if she rejects?'

The mere thought of getting rejected was awful. I don't know what future holds in for me but I want Inaraah to be a part of it.

"How come? You weren't informed about the proposal?" Azaan Bhai asked her

She again shook her head as no. Argh!! Why isn't she speaking? I want to hear her and she is sitting their like a statue.

"Actually we wanted to surprise Inaraah. So we didn't tell her about your family." Ziyaad Bhai said.

Guess what??? She is totally surprised or should I say shocked.

"Shaad bhaiya shall we start." Ziyaad Bhai asked eyeing me.

All the nervousness which vanished seeing Inaraah, returned with full force. Now I was scared, really scared. I saw Fahad Bhai trying to hide his smile but failing miserably.

"So Alhaan you want to marry our sister?" Shaad Bhai asked

What sort of question is that? Isn't it why we are here? I was confused but nevertheless gave a nod. Shaad Bhai looked at his brothers who were controlling themselves from laughing.

"Even after knowing she is our sister, you want to marry her?" He questioned again.

I looked at him who was sounding like a mafia. Fahad Bhai and Ziyaad Bhai broke into fits of laughter. I looked at my brothers who were laughing as well. I turned towards Inaraah who was trying her best not to laugh.

'Why it has to be always me?'

But I was still happy since Inaraah wasn't scared anymore. Rather she was enjoying at my cost.

"Bhaiya are we mafia?" Ziyaad Bhai asked

'I was thinking the same Bhai.'

"Okay now jokes apart. Alhaan, will you keep her happy always?" Shaad Bhai asked in a serious tone.

I smiled at him and said, "In sha Allah."