His Past

Alhaan's p.o.v:

Mrs. Fatima's cabin:

Sometimes waiting for someone special feels like eternity and that's exactly what I am feeling. I asked Azaan bhai to somehow send Inaraah to Fatima aunty's cabin so I can tell her everything. I told about our engagement to Fatima aunty since she will be our chaperone. At first she was shocked but later she showered her blessings upon us.

The knock on the door grabbed our attention. The door opened and in walked Inaraah. "Assalamualaikum(May peace of Allah be upon you) aun.." Inaraah greeted but stopped abruptly seeing me. She looked hurt but composed herself. "Walaikum asalam(Peace of Allah be upon you too)" we both replied to her greeting.

Fatima aunty got up from her place and moved towards Inaraah. "Congratulations Inaraah. I am so happy for you. May Allah always shower His blessings on you both." Fatima aunty said hugging her while Inaraah stood silent confused at her reaction. It took few seconds for her to realize and then as always her eyes went wide. Sometimes I wonder whether or not her eyes get strained from going wide.

"I am sorry Inaraah. Alhaan mentioned about the circumstances of your engagement. I was curious when he requested me to be your chaperone since he wants to speak to you. That's why he told me everything but I guess you didn't like me knowing about it." Fatima aunty spoke in apologizing tone.

"No aunty please. I am sorry for my behaviour. It's just that I didn't expect it and was shocked. Instead I should be the one apologizing for not telling you before. You are like a motherly figure to me. Please don't apologize and make me feel low." Inaraah said. I smiled at her reply. She always think of others and their feelings and here I am being selfish hiding the truth in a fear that I will lose her.

"It's okay Inaraah. I will leave now. I will be in the next room but will be keeping an eye on you both from this glass window. Your would be husband is desperate to talk to you." Fatima aunty said in a teasing tone. As if Azaan bhai and Tauhid weren't enough and now even she started teasing.

I looked at Inaraah who was staring the floor probably embarrassed with her teasing. A light shade of pink appearing on her cheeks. Wait!! Is she blushing? I couldn't resist myself from smiling. This is the first time I saw her blushing and damn she look cute. Fatima aunty left leaving us alone to talk.

I cleared my throat and said, "Please take a seat Inaraah." She just gave a nod and pulled the chair next to me and sat creating enough distance between us. I started feeling nervous and was getting a bad feeling as if something wrong is going to happen after this conversation. I pushed those thoughts aside and spoke, "Inaraah I want to tell you something. It's about Aarzoo and me."

Her gaze which was on her hand moved towards me. She looked hurt but tried her best to cover up. I could make out that she was about to say something but stayed mum. She just nodded her head and again looked at her hands. I didn't expect such reaction from her, then again she is Inaraah who is different from others. I took a deep breath and started telling her about my past.

(A/n: Alhaan's past will be written in italics to avoid confusion.)

Tauhid and I wanted to be software engineers so we decided to do our engineering from same college. At first we had very formal conversation with our classmates but as days passed we made many new friends. Even though we maintained safe distance from girls but Aarzoo was different from the other girls.

She was outspoken and independent. She used to be with us all the time and I was kind of attracted towards her. Tauhid though maintained distance with her while I was always engaged in some or the other conversation with her. Being with her, I started opposing Islamic teachings saying that it was the society who made such norms. Tauhid tried to make me understand but I didn't pay heed to him.