Anger and Calm

The prophet Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wasallam (pbuh) said, "When anyone of you appeal to Allah for something, he should ask it with determination."
Ref: Sahih Al-Bukhari #6338

************************************

Inaraah 's p.o.v.

Inaraah's house:

Today was an amazing day. I was happy, everything became normal. After dinner we decided to play UNO, so we all settled in the living room. Baba asked us to go and play in any room but we denied. And I narrated the incident which took place last week.

'We all settled in Ziyaad Bhaiya's room to play UNO. Ziyaad Bhaiya and Shaad Bhaiya sat side by side and I was in between Ziyaad Bhaiya and Fahad Bhaiya. And bhabis were sitting beside their hubby's.

Shaad Bhaiya was playing like a pro. And because of him Ziyaad Bhaiya had to pick at least 2-3 cards. And at one time he had pick nearly 12 cards. I was feeling bad for him coz he had so many cards which were not fitting in his hands.

He was busy arranging them when my eyes fell on the mirror behind him. And I could see all his cards in the mirror. I was shocked and caught hold of Ziyaad Bhaiya's hand. He was oblivious to it and gave me a puzzled look. I asked him to stay still and turn to Fahad Bhaiya showing him the mirror. I looked at Shaad Bhaiya and said, 'Itni der se aap cheat kar rahe the.' I told Ziyaad bhaiya how he was tricking him from the beginning of the game. We all were glaring at Shaad Bhaiya who had a smug look on his face. He shrugged his shoulders and said, It's a lesson for you all to stay alert while playing.
And because of him we had to start the game all over again.'

When I finished, elders began to laugh. And then even they joined us in the game with Shaad Bhaiya trying to cheat but couldn't. All were laughing while playing and seeing them like that made me even more happy.

I made a silent prayer for my family.
Ya Allah we have faced many hardships and many more to come our way but You have always bestowed your mercy on us. Protect my family from the evil eyes and shower your blessings upon us. Ameen.

After playing for an hour we all retired to our rooms. Sleep was far away from me and I was just lying on my bed thinking about my past life. My carefree attitude, my anger, my tantrums, my irresponsible nature - but now I am completely a different person who is trying hard to control her anger, trying to be a better muslimah.

Surely life changes with time and now I am not the old Inaraah who was naughty; always troubling and teasing others. Don't know when my eyes started getting heavy and I slept with these thoughts in mind.
____________________

At office:

Days were rolling and so was our work which was getting hectic day by day. The best part was Noureen was being friendly with me. Well I didn't see that coming but we started enjoying each others company. I think that was the side effects of Alhaan sir's outburst.

We all were sitting in the discussion room. I personally like this room a lot. I remember giving presentations in this room when I was a project intern. One side of the room has windows which gives beautiful view of the garden. At the centre of the room there is a big round table with chairs while sofa chairs are present at the other side of the room.

Usually we use this room for team discussion or for entertainment. We all settled on the chairs around the round table. There was some problem in programming and we all were discussing on how to deal with it.

Suddenly Azaan Bhai walked in and greeted us with a big smile. He asked about the on going project and the problem we are facing currently.

"Bhai are you here to help us in this problem," Alhaan sir asked.