The only thing I loved more than road trips was road trips with Emma. She knew exactly how to turn a boring car ride into the most entertaining couple of hours of your life. This girl could put on a full performance without a care in the world. She'd sing loud and proud, putting meaning into every word that came out of her mouth. I loved how much I genuinely had fun with her. A minute with her could brighten anybody's day.

A couple hours later, we had arrived at our destination. I parked and took the bag out of the trunk. We began our walk, hand in hand, towards the beach. We could hear the waves hitting the shore as we gradually got closer.

"I don't think I've ever been down here in the winter before." She smiled at me as we approached the area where the sand began.

"No?" I looked at her as she shook her head to reply.

We walked on the sand until we reached an area far enough not to get hit by the ocean, yet close enough to admire it.

"Perfect." I said, placing the large, cashmere blanket on the sand. I sat, ironing the wrinkles away, and patting the spot next to me.

"I love it." She sat, smiling at the shoreline.

"I love you." I kissed her cheek, making her giggle.

I grabbed the bag of snacks and took out the pack of mega-stuffed Oreos. Her favorite. I also took out the bag of Doritos and two soda cans.

I licked my lips, "Hungry?"

She nodded, looking down at the food. "You brought the Oreos!"

"I did. I know, I'm great. Save your compliments until the end." I laughed, winking at her.

She laughed, taking an oreo. "Babe, what's the occasion?"

"What do you mean?" I grabbed the Dorito bag, some of them shooting out as I forcefully tore it open.

"What's all this for?" She looked up at me, nibbling on her Oreo.

"Can't I just spoil my girlfriend without being questioned? Jesus." I joked, playfully shaking my head at her.

She rolled her eyes and laughed. "Shut up." She playfully elbowed me and looked back towards the sun setting into the sea.

"On a more serious note..." I leaned down, laying my back on the blanket and looking up at the orange, blushy sky. "I noticed you've been under a lot of stress lately." I began.

She looked down at me.

"You've been working hard." I pulled her down so she could lay next to me. "Trust me, I notice everything."

She laid her head on my arm as I pulled her closer.

"I wanted to take you out on a date so you could relax. You're so tense, babe." I rubbed her back.

"Colbs!" She awe'd, "That's so sweet and thoughtful of you." She wrapped an arm around me and snuggled up to me.

"I know." I breathed out a laugh.

"Thank you, really. It means a lot that you notice my hard work." She smiled, pecking my cheek.

I smiled and we began to talk about... Well...

Everything.

We talked and talked until the skies were dark and the only source of light came from the moon and stars.

"Remember that one time we drove to San Diego to surprise Big Nik?" She giggled.

"Yeah, and it turned out he wasn't even at his mom's house." I laughed.

"And remember the time we almost got caught exploring that abandoned hospital?" She gasped.

I closed my eyes, enjoying the breeze. "How could I forget the night we almost got arrested?We ran so fast I thought our feet were gonna fall off." I chuckled, pulling her closer, if that was even possible. "Babe..."

"Hm?" She looked at me.

"Do you remember our first kiss?" I smiled, licking my lips.

She shook her head, looking away and trying to keep a straight. "I don't remember at all."

I laughed a little, knowing she was kidding. "Then... Maybe I should refresh your memory."

She shrugged, giggling. "Maybe you should."

I gently turned her towards me as her lips met mine.

Each time we kissed, I felt the same exact spark.

Just like our first kiss.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cuteness. Cuteness overload. I can't.

Lol I hope y'all liked it!
Don't forget to vote!

~Ellie🤘🏻