Neuf

I had to see Lee often.

She'd ask me many questions about my time in the room.

She'd write things down and give me strange looks.

"Did any of these men touch you any way?" she asked softly, looking as if she was waiting for me to explode.

I stared at her.

"Yes"

She scribbled something down.

"Anything that was non-consensual and....inappropriate?"

I looked down and nodded.

"I know this is hard Harley but you are doing so well" she said softly placing her hand on the table.

We established a few days ago that I don't like being touched.

She listened.

I nodded again, she seems to take that as a cue to continue and turns a page on her clipboard.

"Could you describe to me where you were kept?" she asked looking up at me.

I shrugged.

"Dark...room"

Lee nodded "could you tell me anything that can help me find the location...like street signs..views?"

I cocked my head "I was in a tall building before then they put me in the small-" I cut myself of and looked down at the table with wide eyes, my hands gripping the table in front of me "t-the small...tiny...no air"

Lee put down her work and swallowed roughly "okay that's all we will do for today" she said with a smile.

I nodded and stood up, walking outside to see mother anxiously biting her nails before she sprung to her feet.

She hurried over to me and began to lead me out of the police department, I looked behind me to see Lee talking to Jim.

She handed a folder to him.

Arkham.

I turned back, and frowned at the ground.

Why does the file say Arkham...that's-

The Asylum

The Asylum

They want to lock you up...they think you're crazy.

I sucked in a breath and clenched my hand into a fist, my nailed digging into my palms but I barely noticed the pain.

Mother led me back towards the car, I climbed into the seat and lowered it to the ground so I was lying down and gazing up at the ceiling.

Mother opened up the sun roof for me so I could look out.

It calmed me.

We came back home too fast.

I went up to my room quickly, tugging on the clothes I was wearing.

They were so clean...and itchy.

I sat down on my bed and blinding reached for the television remote, flicking the assigned machine on and watching the television flicker to life.

It was the news.

It was boring.

I went to change the channel before I felt my breath catch in my throat.

It's him.

Jerome.

I crawled towards it, tumbling to the floor as I tried to get closer.

My hands reached for his face in the corner of the screen, my face moving closer.

I needed to be closer.

"Breaking News...the villainous group known as 'THE MANIAX' has attacked the GCPD"

I was there.

You were there.

I was there

You were there and you left.

I moved back and scanned the screen, I needed clues.

Where was he.

Where was Jerome.

"The group entered the police department with guns blazing and have already killed many police officers though an exact number is not known at this time"

I felt a grin cross my lips, my Jerome was doing was he loves.

I was so happy.

The news lady was listening to something in her ear piece.

"This just in, the group has left the building and unfortunately have taken a hostage with them"

What.

"Her name is Kristen Kringle and she worked at the GCPD as a record keeper"

Another girl.

"She was taken from the building at gunpoint by the leader of the group Jerome Valeska and witnesses say the group drove off in a black van"

No..

"If you have any information about Kristen Kringle's whereabouts, please contact the GCPD immediately"

She's...she's trying to steal him from me.

She probably threw herself at him.

She was jealous.

She wanted to be like me, she wanted to be special like me.

Well she is wrong.

I'm Jerome's.

Jerome is mine.

I stood up with wide eyes, my back rigid and my body shaking as I stared at the screen.

I'm getting him back.

"...and let us all pray that she is returned to us as Harleen Quinzel was"

----------

Hello my sugar plum donut sprinkle children-cherubs.

It's me.

I'm back.

Sorry.

Love you babes,

-Luci