Un

My mind feels blank.

I always wondered what it felt like to have almost certain death dawned upon you.

I thought I would be smart, or panicky, or at least be able to kick a little ass..

But I learn't really quickly that in Gotham, life isn't a Hollywood movie.

But I wasn't expecting to have my last moments in a bus, let alone with a bunch of my fellow cheerleaders.

But really, you can't expect much good in this hell hole.

I was seated up the front when the bus screeched to a halt, everyone around me was chattering loudly and chanting the stupid cheers we were forced to memorise.

"Aw come on Harley" a bubbling brunette coos next to me "have a little Gotham spirit!"

"I'll 'have a little spirit' when there's something to cheer for" I say, my voice deadpanned I raise an eyebrow towards the driver of the bus "what's the deal?"

Mr Mac turns to face me a frustrated look on his wrinkled face "a gas truck, cut us off" he says slamming his palm against the horn.

I frown and spot some people jumping out of the truck, I lean back and face Amber, one of the cheerleaders who was still happily chanting along with the rest of the girls.

"Harley!" she urges "Gotham, Gotham is the best, we are better than the rest!" she yells clapping her hands.

"Please, please, please shut up, call me Harley and I'll f*ck you up!" I say rolling my eyes "I've told you a bajilion times crunchie*, its Harleen" , Amber ignores my comment and turns towards the other people with a wide grin on her face.

I sigh and lean my head against the ripped seat and take out my phone, but just as I go to swipe it open I hear a sudden knock on the glass doors of the school bus.

I whip my head in surprise towards the source of the noise and see a boy, he looked to be about my age with bright ginger hair, a wide grin and a spark of insanity in his eyes.

I felt my stomach drop as a feeling of utter dread clouded in my mind as I quickly pieced together what was happening.

Over the happy cheers I heard the familiar sound of a gun cocking, and thats when the screams started.

Every bone in my body is frozen in fear, Amber was crying loudly next to me as the ginger climbed on board twirling his gun in one hand and grinning at the scared high school teenagers before him.

"Hello everyone, I'm Jerome" he said enthusiastically his haunting grin never leaving his face "you may know us as the Maniax!"

He steps forward "come on boys" Jerome says turning around "chain em' up, we wouldn't want anyone to miss the show"

He smiled at us, a sinister look on his face as I made eye contact with Amber who had mascara running down her caked cheeks. She stared back at me, almost begging me to do something, anything.

---

The metal rings dug into my skin painfully as I tugged at them with no prevail, Amber let out a shaky breath, her eyes not leaving the psycho who was walking down the bus slowly as if he was teasing us.

"I want you all to know, this was a very difficult decision for us" Jerome says holding his gun out towards him "it was between you and a..senior citizen bingo party" he cocks his head and carelessly pointing the gun at a girl a few seats down from me ,who starts to cry harder.

I watch as the two other people start to unravel a hose for the gas truck, I quickly put the pieces together and start to pull desperately on my restraints, tears welling in my eyes.