Trois

Hiya fellow Gothamites!
Hope you enjoy this chappy🙃
-boo xx😊

----------------

Mine
Pronunciation: /mʌɪn/
possessive pronoun
Used to refer to a thing or things belonging to or associated with the speaker

The word sends shivers down my spine.
I'm not an 'it'.
I'm not an object.
But I was...according to a horrible game...his.
Jerome flashed his haunting grin and took my hand making me stand up with shaky legs and follow him like a lost puppy.
I looked behind me stupidly and my eyes connected with Greenwood's dark and empty ones, laced with hunger.
I quickly turned around as I was clumsily leaded towards a room down the end of a lavishly carpeted hallway.
Jerome's large hand felt soft in mine as he walked in front of me, a wide and crazy grin planted on his face.
I had heard about him on the news, another murder, another person shipped off to Arkham, another reason to fear what Gotham holds in it's hidden nooks and crannies.
It may sound crazy to you, but honestly this isn't unusual.
Welcome to Gotham...
We walked into a fancy room with red velvet curtains and a previously nice quilt that was now crumpled up into one corner, the pillows thrown carelessly onto the floor and a few pieces of red stained clothing with them.
"Welcome to my humble abode" Jerome said in a cheeky voice leaning forward so his nose was centimetres from mine.
I sucked in a breath and moved away from the crazy teenager, wiggling my fingers out of his strong grip.
He frowned before his smiled quickly replaced it as he jumped up onto his untidy bed, landing in a cross legged position his wide eyes shining with glee.
He let his chin fall into his palm and quickly looked me up and down "what do they call you gorgeous?".
I folded my arms over my chest uncomfortably, my cheerleading outfit creased with dirt and stiff due to the dried gasoline sticking to my skin.
Jerome cocked his head as I stayed silent, my baby blue eyes glued to the ground.
He spun around as he stood up quickly, marching angrily over to me like a child he snatched my chin in his hand and lifted my head up, forcing me to make eye contact with him.
His dull blue eyes held anger and his rusty ginger eye brows were creased together in annoyance "answer me" he said his voice unusually dead-panned.
I let out an almost silent whimper before letting the name I knew so well slip out "H-Harleen...Quinn-Quinnzel" I stuttered, my voice cracking as it beat against my aching throat.
"Harrrrrrrleeeeen.." Jerome said dropping my chin and putting a finger to his lip like he was thinking "I like it!" He said enthusiastically, cracking a grin.
I nodded silently looking away from his mad-filled eyes again.
"I'm gonna call you Harley" Jerome said nodding to himself "like the bike!".
I mentally shot the ginger in the head for calling me that...that name...
I pursed my lips and studied the carpet which was crusted with all sorts of things a part of me didn't want find out was.
Jerome sent me a confused look "what's wrong?".
My eyes snapped up to mean his, was he actually fucking kidding me? My voice box was tingling to yell at the murderer, he took me from my life and treated me like a object, like a trophy he could just take to put up on a shelf and boast about, but my common sense knew otherwise.
"Thirsty" I croaked out moving my dry and waxy tongue around in my mouth as Jerome smiled widely.
"Of course my lady..." He said bowing dramatically and walking out of the room, he popped his ginger head through after a second and frowned "don't go anywhere!"
He disappeared.
I played with my fingers and eyed the door carefully, my hand reached for the knob with out thinking she peeked outside to find the hallway abandoned.
With my heart beating a million miles an hour I stepped outside, holding my shaking arms to my chest nervously.
With quiet and careful steps I turned and walked down the hall, my ears listening for any signs of life.
Nothing.
Absolutely nothing.
Something's up, I can feel it.
I did a quick 360 and managed to quickly locate the room I was previously in before, which was now bare.
I turned towards the door which stood on my left, it didn't seem like it would be deadlocked with absolutely no escape.
I stepped carefully on the wooden floor boards, my heart missing a beat when ever I heard a creak.
My pale and shaking hand wrapped around the large and cold handle and turned it slowly, I heard a loud click as it snapped open.
That was unexpected.
I felt a small smile creep onto my lips as I opened the door a little wider.
"And where do you think you're going little lady?".
The voice caused me to freeze in my tracks, every bone in my body rigid with fear, I felt that horrible feeling of absolute dread crackle throughout my entire being.
I turned to meet Greenwood's cold and dark eyes, Aaron stood behind him, a dull yet deadly look on his strong face.
I let out a small shaky breath, I look a step back my body inching to run, to run and never look back but I couldn't.
I willed my legs to switch before I turned and ran out the door, my body moved with out my minds consent as if my survival had pushed my fear away from the wheel and steered me in the way of safety.
My arms pumped next to me and I ran down what seemed like a hotel corridor, I saw an empty elevator begin to slowly close a few meters away from me.
I could hear the villains feet pound on the carpet behind me, I slipped inside what would be my escape and furiously clicked the closing door button, my eyes wide and my body shaking.
A middle-aged man who was standing next to me in a fancy Italian suit gave me a slightly scared and confused look.
My heart caught in my throat as a large hand gripped one if the doors and wretched it open, the two men walked inside slowly, the terrified man next to me almost seemed to recognize the psychos and went visibly pale.
"That's rude" Greenwood said, a creepy smirk on his face "you've only just arrived".
I backed up against the steel wall as the elevator doors shut again, Aaron pressed the 'stop' button so there were no means of escape or rescue.
The wild haired man twirled the rather large kitchen knife in his hand before throwing it, expertly straight into the man's chest.
It ripped right through the mans flesh before he could even think about what was happening.
I let out a small gasp, my fingers reaching for my lips as he crumpled to the ground in a bloody mess.
My legs gave up on me and I fell to the floor, my hands coating themselves in bright red blood.
I made a choking sound as I looked at my hands in utter horror, shaking terribly.
The crazies stepped dangerously forward as I crawled into a ball my body trembling and my mouth turning dry.
"I think it's time we had some fun"