Chapter 8- The Hospital

Emry's P.O.V-

My heart stopped and I felt like was going to throw up any second after hearing Evan say those words "Emry, its Eli. He's in the hospital. You need to come down here right now." I was frozen, it's not like I was planning on hearing that coming out of my phone at 3 in the morning. I can't move from the sitting position that I have been in since answering the phone call to which has ultimately turned my world upside down. Once those chilling words play yet again through my mind I snap out of the daze that I seemed to be stuck in for I don't know how long. Running to my closet I throw on the first items of clothing I find which consist of sweat pants, sports bra, t-shirt, sneakers, and a sweat shirt. Grabbing my phone, wallet, and keys I run out of the apartment like it was on fire and I don't even notice Sam in her bedroom doorway or hear her asking me where I was going. All I can think about is how Eli is in the Hospital and I don't even know why. When I make it outside to the parking lot of my apartment complex I slip and slide a little on some ice on the pavement and have to slow down until I make it to my car so I don't fall down on my ass. Wasting no time, I put my keys into the ignition and throw my car into reverse as soon as it starts up, which is probably not the wisest decision for there are several cars around me and I almost smashed the back end of my car into a pick-up truck parked in the spot directly behind mine. I take a breath before racing out of the apartment complex and turning onto the main roadway. As I am driving on the main road I am thankful that I get all green lights and that there is hardly anyone driving on the road to slow me down from getting to the hospital and Eli.

Honestly, I am surprised I don't get pulled over for speeding as I am driving towards the hospital because my speedometer stayed at a constant speed of about 50-60 MPH the whole time. Yet I didn't give one damn because all I cared about was getting to Eli and making sure that he is okay. As soon as I parked in the Emergency parking lot I run into the lobby panting, "Where is Eli Black?" The nurse sitting behind the desk looked at me like I was either high or delusional, maybe a little bit of both I'm not sure, yet I didn't give a flying leap what she thought.

Finally, after what feels like hours she looks down at her computer screen, slowly tap, tap, tapping away at her keyboard which is the most annoying sound to hear in this moment when all I want to hear is where Eli is. Eventually, she looks back up at me with what looks like sad eyes, "Well he is in surgery right now miss, but you are more than welcome to go up the fifth floor waiting room where the nurses and doctors up there can inform you more about his situation." With that information I was out of there and running for the elevators and my god were they so fucking slow. I mean could they literally go any slower? I felt like a snail could move faster than these fucking elevators were moving. When I finally get on to the elevator I continually keep on getting stopped on every fucking floor because it seems that everyone wanted to get on and off the damn thing. I was so close to the fifth floor when I was yet again stopped, this time at the fourth floor and the guy who gets on didn't even know which floor he needed so he just stands there staring at all 50 buttons and keeps on hitting the door open button to stall the car from moving, which is only making me more ticked off. And let me tell you, you really should not piss off a pregnant woman who is very hormonal, emotional, and trying to find out what happened to her baby daddy; because it will not end well. For the sixth time this guy hits the door open button and I am cannot take it one more second, next thing I know I snap, "REALLY!!! Come on I NEED to go up ONE FUCKING FLOOR PLEASE!!!" I am not proud of my outburst, but that did get him to move to the side and let the doors finally close. Once the elevator starts to move again the man who was stalling and everyone else just stares at me like I am going to spew vomit and twist my head around in a 360-degree fashion. Well it's too damn bad, because I just don't give one flying fuck what they thought at the moment; my mind was on more important things then what some strangers thought about me.