Chapter 1- Broke Her Heart

Eli's P.O.V-

These past couple months with Emry has been nothing less than amazing. Every time I am with her I feel as though I can't get enough of her and that no matter how much time we spend together will never be enough for me. I love the way we can just sit on the couch embraced in one another just talking with nothing on or playing around us or how we can be content doing normal day to day life activities together such as cleaning and grocery shopping. She means everything to me and at first that scared the shit out of me; what with us only knowing each other for a couple months. Yet, here I sit in my office at the club waiting to meet with a Jeweler that I know to look at a ring I customized just for Emry that way I can propose to her sometime in the coming week. It doesn't take long for Jill Marco the jeweler who I know to come in and pull out the amazing vintage inspired ring I had imagined on Emry's hand for the rest of our lives. Jill takes a seat on the edge of my desk while I finish inspecting the ring to make sure it is everything I had asked for and as I am signing and handing over the payment bills to her I hear a loud crash out by the bar.

At first when I hear the noise out in the bar I thought someone had just broken in trying to get some money, what with it being near the holidays and all. However, when I walked out into the middle of the room that is when I saw Emry running out of the club like she saw a ghost or something very unpleasant. It took me a good minute to realize what she must have seen and that is when it all clicked on how she must have seen me and Jill sitting on my desk and both of us talking just a few moments ago in my office. Instantly my heart hurt thinking what she must be thinking and feeling as I watch her running away so frantically, but I would never hurt her like that. I love her too much to do that to her. As soon as I watched her leave the parking lot I tried calling and texting to let her know what she saw was nothing as to what she was probably thinking. After the first twenty minutes or so of calling and texting and not getting any response or reply back from Emry I start to worry and wonder what she is up to. Not sure what to do with myself I head back into the club say good bye to Jill, grab my things including the ring, and lock up before getting into my truck and heading home to think of a plan of what I should do next.

Once, I am home I spend a good amount of time pacing around the living room thinking about what I should do next in order to get ahold of Emry. I continually send texts to her begging for her to call or text me so we can talk, that what she saw was not what she thinks and that if she would just let me explain then I promise I can clear up what she saw this afternoon. However, she never answered and I don't blame her because I know if I saw her in the same scenario with some guy I would have been livid and who knows what I would have done. Deciding she needs some time to cool off and think I decide to just have some dinner and go to bed early instead of continually hounding Emry with phone calls and text messages. It is after I have given shadow a long walk/run, eaten dinner, and had a couple drinks that I now lay in bed restless to sleep. Turning over onto my side I can't help looking to where she usually would sleep next to me when she is over. Laying my hand on her side of the bed I eventually fall asleep from sheer exhaustion sometime around three in the morning.

I was only asleep for a few hours when I wake up to shadow climbing up to my face and licking me awake. That's when I decide it is time to get up for the day and try to come up with a plan and set said plan in motion. After a quick shower, I let shadow out into the backyard as I make some coffee and toast for breakfast. Once I have had my first cup of coffee and have moved onto my second I sit down at my desk in my home office and decide to try and call Sam since I figure if anyone is to know where Emry is it would be her. It took a couple times of calling for Sam to actually accept my call and of course when she did answer she cussed and yelled at me before I could even get a word in. Rather than trying to stop her or talk over her I just let her get it all out of her system because I knew that it was of no use since Sam was so fiercely protective of Emry. Once Sam calmed down slightly a couple minutes later and let me get a few words in I tried explaining what was going on and what Emry had actually saw the day before. Which led to her instantly crying as she realized that what Emry saw was nothing as of what she thought. "Oh you big romantic idiot, don't you know to never meet with a woman alone in a closed off room just in case someone like your girlfriend found you? That way no one could misconstrue that you might be cheating on Emry?" "Sam, I didn't think of it like that and like I said I was only meeting with Jill there because she was on her way back from a lunch meeting and the club happened to be on her way back to her shop." There was a long pause and for a moment I thought she hung up on me, "I know and I understand but Emry thinks she saw one thing and will not listen to any sort of reasoning right now. I tried telling her that you love her and that you would never cheat on her like that." Bowing my head down I start to feel a headache coming on, "Look, can you just try talking to her and see if you can get her to accept my calls or meet with me sometime soon so we can talk in person to where I can explain everything?" "I will try, but I can't make any promises Eli, so just hang in there for a while okay?" "Yeah, I got it." After hanging up I can feel all my pent-up frustration and anger at myself coursing through my veins that I jump up out of my seat and punch a hole in the wall near my office door. I shake off the slight pain in my hand and wipe off the drywall that stuck to my skin before I go change into some workout clothes and shadows leash to go out on a run. As I am running through a path in the woods by my house I start thinking about my conversation with Sam; who gave me a sliver of hope that Emry would listen to her and hopefully either come and talk to me in person or at least call me back so we could talk about what she saw that afternoon back at the club.

Christmas and New Year's rolled by and I still hadn't heard anything from her yet and It only made me more confused and worried as I thought once she talked to Sam that me and Emry would at least be talking if not back together again. So, here I sit a few weeks after New Year's depressed and heartbroken that I messed something so great up with Emry. Especially when I promised her that I would never intentionally hurt her, and I didn't mean nor want to hurt her, but I did. Sitting on my couch with the television turned off and Shadow curled up to my side I stare at the engagement ring I had custom made and bought for Emry. I had it all planned I was going to take her out for a walk behind my house out to the lake where we had our first official date; where I would have it completely decorated. There was going to be candles and lights all over the dock, and a bon fire going. After spending some time together I was going to get down on one knee and propose to the girl I love.

But now I couldn't do that, because I fucked everything up and I don't know what I need to do in order to fix it all. I have been talking to Sam off and on making sure she is okay, but she won't tell me anything other than that Emry is safe, and can't tell me anything because she promised her that she wouldn't tell me anything else. I just wish I could talk to her right now, sit her down right here in front of me and explain everything to her, but she will not answer any of my calls or texts. Even though I don't know where she is, I do know she isn't at her apartment or her parents' house because I checked both places already. How am I supposed to beg, grovel, and get back the woman I love when I don't know where she is even staying? So, here I sit on my damn couch staring at the ring that apparently won't get to be used any time soon if ever. All I can do is think about how I hurt the love of my life and everyone else we both love.

When I went over to my parents' house for Christmas everyone automatically asked where Emry was and when I had to let them know what I did they all got very upset with me. My dad hit me upside the head and my mom spent a good hour yelling at me for breaking Emry's heart. After everything calmed down, they told me that if I truly loved her that I was going to have one hell of a time winning her back, and that I was just going to have to wait and give her time. Sam and Evan who have been coming over quite a bit also have tried to tell me that I need to just give her some space and time and that eventually she will come around and talk to me. Yet, I know if I wait much longer then I could possibly lose her forever and that is something I am not willing to risk. I already feel like I am losing my mind not seeing her, touching her, just being with her. Soon I am going to have to do anything I can to find her, and get her to talk with me because this girl is my soul mate. It takes me some time, but I become more determined than ever that I will marry this stubborn, hard headed woman. I am just going to have to show her how much I love her once I do find out where she is hiding. I don't care what it takes even if I have to hire a private investigator or search this whole damn state myself I vow to myself right here and now that I will find Emry and I will win her back so we can get married and have a family.

Author's Note-

Well here you go guys, the first chapter of the Sequel to Never Felt Loved.... Until Now. I apologize for it taking me so long to post it, but I wasn't happy with what I originally wrote. Then it took me a long while to figure how I wanted to fix what I had already written. Also, I have had some personal issues in my life go on that has prevented me from having time to write much. However, I want to say thank you to all of my readers who read the first book who has commented, voted, liked, and shared the first book I wrote. That's because if it wasn't for all of you then I probably wouldn't have wanted to fix/continue to write this sequel. Here you guys go!! I hope you are hooked and want to see what happens next. What do you think of finding out that Eli was going to propose and yet he didn't get the opportunity to do so? What do you think is going to happen next? Is he going to be able to get Emry to forgive him? Will he even be able to find her? You will just have to wait and find out!! Don't forget to comment, vote, and share!!! I love reading your comments and if you have any questions or suggestions please let me know!! 😊