Chapter 3- Telling Sam

Emry's P.O.V-

The rest of my afternoon seemed to go by way to fast and that's probably because I know I need to face the music of my own life. Which shakes me all the way down to my very core. So, here I sit in my car as the sun is starting set, which is giving the horizon a beautiful hue of pink, purple, and orange colors as the sky beings to go dark. Instead of driving straight to my apartment that I share with Sam I ended up aimlessly driving around town for the rest of the afternoon, until I finally stopped and parked here in a local park zoning out in my front seat. Just stalling myself even further from having a very difficult and emotional talk that I know I can't put off too much longer; mainly because I'm getting tired of sitting in my car. Eventually, I realize that enough time has passed and back my car out of the parking stall I have been occupying for I don't know how long. As I am driving my car back onto the main road through the evening traffic I head towards home but make a pit stop along the way at my favorite diner nearby so I can buy Sam and I some food before what I know will be a huge talk that will last probably all night. An hour later I am walking through my front door with my rolling suitcase, purse, and dinner all in tow with me. Turning to my right I set my purse and paper bag filled with the most amazing burgers and fries on the kitchen counter. It's at that moment I realize the apartment is eerily quiet and fairly dark except for one lamp left on in the living room by the couch. Looking at the clock on the microwave I notice that it's only five o'clock in the evening which reminds me that Sam usually doesn't get off work until five thirty or later. Hell, I don't even know if she planned on coming home tonight. She might be going out with Evan and staying at his place for all I know. I should have at least sent her a message that I was coming back tonight, but I didn't want to have her berate me with a million questions while I still had a few hours of teaching left. I stand in the kitchen leaning my hands on the granite counter top and staring out the living room windows watching the sky get darker and darker for a couple minutes before shaking myself out of the stupor that I have been in all day. Deciding that I need to distract myself so I don't start overthinking everything again while I wait to see if Sam is even going to come home tonight. After Putting the bag of dinner in the fridge behind me I flip on some more lights in the apartment as I walk back towards my room where I set my suitcase on my bed. The first thing I decide to do is throw some of my dirty laundry into the washing machine and once that is done I walk into the bathroom and take a nice long and hot shower that will wash away my day. In the bathroom I grab a towel, turn on the water and undress while I let the room fill with steam before I even pull back the shower curtain and step into the tub. I let the hot water run down my whole body as I stand in the middle of the stream doing best to not think about anything other than how the pelting water feels amazing on my tight muscles in my shoulders and back. Once I feel the water to lose some of its heat I quickly wash my hair and body before shutting off the water and wrap a towel around my wet hair. Walking to bathroom sink I wipe off the fogged-up mirror and just stare at myself. There are dark circles and bags for days under my eyes, my skin is even more pale than usual. I look like I'm severely sick instead of pregnant, where the hell is this pregnancy glow that I hear about all the time? Spending a few more minutes in front of the mirror only makes me feel even worse about this whole situation. Walking back to my bedroom I change into a pair of comfy sweat pants and long sleeve thermal shirt with a pretty pattern of flowers on it that I love so much. I run a brush through my hair until it is tangle free and proceed to grab my phone as I walk back out into the living room where I plop down on the couch surrounding myself with blankets and throw pillows. Checking my phone for the first time since this morning I secretly hope that I have some message from Eli and it breaks my heart a little to see no texts or calls at all. Setting my phone down on the side table I pick up the remote to the TV and flip through the channels randomly not paying attention one bit until I stop on some random commercial advertising a new medicine for people who have some sort of illness. Once the commercial is over it switched back over to the main program and of course just my luck it happens to be some romance movie. Instead of changing the channel to something that won't rub love in my face I continue to watch the movie. Which ultimately makes me regret my decision because it's about some couple who are supposedly destined for one another yet at this point in the movie they are broken up after having a huge fight. Trying not to think about my own relationship I continue to focus on the characters in the movie while they eventually get back together like in any other romance movie. The last scene starts playing and shows the main girl standing at the alter with her boyfriend getting married surrounded by all of their family and friends. Credits start rolling right after their first kiss as husband and wife and I can't see a thing as tears begin to fill my eyes and fall slowly down my face.