Stay With Me - A Clato Hunger Games FanFic

Cato & Clove- Stay With Me

A Hunger Games FanFic

~A/N~ Please Please PLEASE Read, Comment, VOTE, Tell Your Friends, Everything! PLEASE! Thanks! Love ya'll~Jordy

Chapter 1- Training

I was 12 when I first saw him, the day I started training for the Games. Cato. He was older than me and had been training there for about 2 years already. He was very handsome, but he also possessed an air of arrogant confidence. I was instantly drawn to his gorgeous smirk, his obvious trademark. He was 2 years older than me, and highly skilled with a sword. He was a muscular boy who intimidated nearly everyone. Everyone except me. Yes, he was dangerous, but to me that made him all the more attractive.

I have always been skilled with knives, but never really got the chance to practice. That was about to change. Now, every day, I spend hours here, throwing knives at both moving and stationary targets. I also practice hand-on-hand combat and survival skills. Anything that might help me win The Hunger Games. Technically, it's illegal to train before you are actually reaped. But here in District 2, where I live, we train way before we are reaped. We usually begin training as soon as we come of reaping age, 12, and then continue until we are either reaped, or we volunteer. In the wealthier districts, like here, One and Four, everyone trains early. They call us careers, because we spend much of our lives training, winning, and then living easy for the rest of our lives. Most years, a Career wins the Games. Also, if a career is not reaped before he or she is 18, they are expected to volunteer. Therefore, we train hard, knowing that one day soon it will be our turn. Our turn to bring great honor on our district.

It was almost 3 years later when he finally noticed me. I had just shot 6 bullseyes in a row on moving targets. I heard a slow clapping behind me. When I spun around, I saw Cato standing with a couple of his friends. He said something to his friends, and they dispersed while he walked towards me. I was seriously shocked, since in these couple years, he had only spoken to me once, and that was just to ask me to hand him his sword. Now, I can feel myself blushing the closer he gets, and I'm conscious of how my hair is all over the place from the wrestling match earlier, and I'm sweaty. When he reaches me, all he says is, "Hi."It's almost like he doesn't know what to say. Imagine, this hot, arrogant ladies man, not knowing what to say to me. Me, the confident, but quiet, girl who rarely speaks and has only been kissed once. And that was only because he lost a bet, so it doesn't even count. But back to the matter at hand, if HE didn't know what to say, then I really didn't. So me, in all my smartness, say the only thing I can think of, which is, "Hi." "I've been watching you throw, you're amazing," he said. "Thanks, you're not so bad yourself," I reply. Whoa, where did that come from? Surely I didn't just flirt with him. He smirked, like he knew what I was thinking. "You're Clove, right?" he asks. "Yeah, how did you know that?" I inquire. "I know things," he cockily states. "Yeah, that wasn't vague at all," I say sarcastically. Wow, I really have no idea where this bold attitude is coming from. "Ooh, pretty and sassy," he says. "You think I'm pretty? That's so sweet," I respond. In truth, I'm surprised by this revelation, he always has girls way prettier than me throwing themselves at him. "Soo," he begins, almost hesitantly, "You wanna maybe go get a bite to eat later? After training, of course," he asks. "Like a date? With you?" I ask, not fully believing it's true. It must be a joke or something. "Why not? It'll be fun. " he responds. By this time I am inwardly freaking out with excitement, but I am trying to stay cool and collected on the outside. I can barely form an intelligent response, "Um, okay, I guess so," I manage. "Alright, we'll go in an hour. Is that good?" he asks. "Yeah, sounds good. I'm gonna go shower and change, and I'll meet you here in an hour. I'm already done for the day." I reply. "An hour it is then." And it's as if with that sentence, my world forever changes. I know that sounds lame and cheesy, but it's true. I've spent 3 years admiring him from afar, and now it's finally a reality......And so began my relationship with Cato, the brutal, viscious, and totally perfect guy.