Chapter 3

Bekah has updated her status:

Why have you been spending so much time with a certain person, Ember? :P

Comments:

Ember: Reasons… ;D

Percy: WHO??

Bekah: But, you have left me alone with a certain couple for almost two weeks now.

Leo:  Why is hanging out with Calypso and me so bad?

Piper:  No offense but, your PDA is annoying sometimes

Bekah, Ember, Jason, and 278 people like this comment

Leo: Thanks…. :(

Annabeth: Sorry, but the truth hurts Leo.

Bekah: Don’t worry Leo! You PDA didn’t annoy me there were other factors to consider

Leo has logged off.

Bekah: Styx!

Bekah has logged off.

Ember POV

Nico had lurked me to Zeus Fist with candy after I logged off Facebook. It was not smart of me to go, but it was Reese’s cups, and my mind was filled with pity for Bekah and her crush on the currently taken Leo.

So, who wouldn't go in my place, besides it was Nico. We were sitting there laughing, he only did this when we were alone.

That alone made me feel special. The fact that he could open up to only me. Sure, he was friends with Bekah and Hazel, among others but he was never like this unless it was me. He sure knew how to make me forget the thoughts that would always plague me. He made me feel…loved.

Where did that come from?

“Why do you only laugh around me?” I wondered as I looked into his deep brown eyes. He glanced away from me. Only then did I realize I was staring, because he was just so cute when he was shy, like a little kid afraid he had done something wrong.

I had not thought about running or being away from him in a while. He had helped me more than he would ever know.

 “I guess because you make me feel…good and happy. Diffidently happy.  You never look at me with pity.” He said to me, looking me straight in the eye. His brown eyes showed an intensity I had never seen before. “I never feel like I have to hide anything from you, because no matter what you won’t judge me.”

“Thank you” I said jokingly arrogant, “But seriously, thank you.”  He shrugged then a thoughtful and kind of scary look crossed his face and he looked down at his feet.

“Aww, look who is the five year old now?” I smirked at him and he blushed. I laughed and grabbed his hand which was right next to mine. He jerked a little in surprise but, then relaxed. I looked all around me at the forest, and enjoyed the feeling of his hand in mine.

“Em, would you be my girlfriend? It's OK if you don't want to, I'll be fine” He finished hurriedly. I looked at him in surprise, but most astonishing to me is that I wanted this. He was clearly nervous, so I decided to calm him down.

“Sure Death Breath. I would love to be.” I grinned widely at him. He must have not learned to expect the unexpected answer from me.

“O-ok” he muttered then, smiled as the thought sunk in. I squeezed his hand and laid my head on his shoulder.