Chaper 11

Ember's POV

Nico and I only have a few more hours together before he has to leave, two hours and fifteen minutes to be exact...but it's not like I'm counting or anything.

And if he thinks he can leave without saying goodbye, then he is a bigger idiot than Percy.

"Nico" I yelled at the top of my lungs, he turned and caught one glance of me and flipped so he faced me and I faintly heard him mutter something in Italian.

Then he gave me a shy little smile that melted my heart and I started to tear up little as I thought about how much I was going to miss him and if I got into a fight and he was there to have my back and get me out of it...

Stop it you idiot he has to leave and that is not going to change. He has to go,

"Em, hey I was just about to look for you" Nico said as he went to grab my hand.

"Oh no you don't " I narrowed my eyes on fake anger "Do you think that you could run away without me knowing? And to think that your poor girlfriend wondering where you are and why you left her all alone..." I put my hand over my heart for the desired affect.

I started to pace back and forth as the dredge filled my heart again. I smiled trying to hide my sadness and it would have worked if it was anyone but him.

Nico had a way of seeing straight though me no matter what is was. Then he wrapped me in his arms and I was about a relax. When Percy ran up and push us apart and started to spray Nico with something that smelled weird.

"This will glow under a UV light and we will be able see where you touched her" Percy glared at him when suddenly there was a hand that pushed him away as Drew stepped up and looked at Percy and scolded him for messing with us and made him promise not to do it again. Then just like she appeared she vanished.

I caught Nico's eye and we left Percy standing there looking like an idiot.

"I know that this is hard for you but it is hard for me as well, I vowed to myself that I would stop running away and try to be stable for you and be there for you" Nico muttered angrily as he ran fingers thought his all ready messy hair "but I can't."

"I know" I whispered to him, I refuse to let him beat himself up over something he can't change "I am stonger than you think, you know that, even if you think you always have to save me." Nico turned to me and looked horrified.

"Is that what you think" Nico whispered angrily "I know that you are stronger than you look but I'm your boyfriend. It is my job to protect you, what good am I if I can't do something as simple as that." He ended up roaring and crusing his weakness. I tried really hard not to glare at him, boys can be so stupid sometimes.

I grabbed his hand and made him look straight into my eyes and said with the same fierceness that was in my heart, "Everything you do is protecting me wether you can see it or not you have never let me down and you are not starting now."

With one lasted kiss I hugged him tight before letting him leave "Goodbye Death Breath." I muttered as he crossed the horizon and a single tear escaped from my eyes. It will get easier, because time can heal even the deepest wounds.

Leo has updated his status:

You know if Nico and Em ever had a kid then He would never be able to go near a sushi place. I can see it now, He runs up to Nico and Nico picks him up and asks him what's wrong. Their son looks dead in his dad's eye and anwsers, "Daddy the dead fish are talking to me." and Nico looks at Em and they call a family meeting to expain why he can talk to sushi.