Chapter One

Geno continued to stare into the darkness of the void. There was always nothing. No sound, no color... No people.

Another day.... And another, and another.

The emptiness was enough to drive any man mad... But not him. He just stayed, and watched. Waiting for a change.

Of course it never did change, why would it? He lifted his gaze to look up at the words written in the darkness.

'Game Over' it read, as always. His one good eye narrowed as he looked back down at the ground, although it was black as well.

"Damn it... Why cant death find me already? Why can't I die?!" He called out into the never ending darkness.

That's exactly where it all changed. As soon as his voices echo passed, he was greeted by something unusual.

It almost sounded like a pair of wings, flapping through the darkness around him. Genos eyes widened at the foreign sound.

He looked around for a moment, yet could still only see the darkness surrounding him. His hopes died out. "Great job Geno, your going insane..." He muttered to himself.

But he wasn't.

Above him, gliding above Genos sight, was a black raven. Its eyes gleamed as it watched the skeleton below him.

Silently it glided too to the words that hung in the sky. Its formed changed, becoming more humanoid as it landed quietly in the center of the O.

A skeleton, dressed in a black reapers cloak eyed the other skeleton. Geno had called for him, yet he just watched from above.

His grip tightened on the scythe in his hand. He felt odd. He wasn't sure what it was, but it interested him.

Something in his mind seemed to click as he watched. This was no usual call for death... Or at least the person calling him wasn’t like all the others.

He decided hiding in the shadows wouldn’t do him any good, so instead he jumped down from the letter. He landed in front of Geno.

His reaction was just like everyone else's, shock and fear. He jumped back and his eyes widened. "R-reaper!"

Reaper remained expressionless, just watching his reaction. "You called for me..." He pointed out. "You called for death..."

Geno was shaking, and he stood up slowly, resulting in him being face to face with Reaper. He attempted to look brave, yet he was clearly scared.

"I... I change my mind... I didn't think anyone would hear me," Geno whispered back, taking a few steps back.

"You change your mind? Yet the invitation was so clear," Reaper replied, a small smile finding its way onto his face.

"I-I don't want to die! Not yet... There's still a chance..." Geno whispered. He wanted to turn away, but he couldn't. Reaper was the first person he has seen in over a year.

Reaper looked around for a moment before looking back at Geno. "What is it you are waiting for?" He couldn't help but ask.

Geno didn't answer, just stared up at him silently. Reaper stared back, catching sight of the uncertainty in Genos gaze.

"You yourself don't know? That's unfortunate," He huffed, turning away from Geno. "However, if you don't need me-"

"Wait!" Geno interrupted. "You are the first person I've seen in so long... Can you stay for just a little bit longer?" He asked.

Reaper hesitated. He was supposed to kill this person. He could see the damaged mark across Genos chest. He should be dead...

But... "Yeah... Sure... I'll stay for just a while," Reaper answered, smiling at Geno. He smiled back at him.

As Geno sat down, Reaper joined his side. He was watching Geno, interested in how relieved he looked.

What was it about him that got his attention? He allowed silence to flow around them, but it wasn't awkward.

Reaper was surprised to find it was peaceful. He wasn't used to peace. Usually he felt only peoples unhappy emotions. That was their reaction to him.

About half an hour passed until Reaper realized he would have to go. "I'm sorry... I have to go..." He told Geno, standing up.

"O-oh... Yeah... Can you come back sometime?" He asked. Reaper thought about it for a moment. "Of course..."

With that promise, he made a mistake. The future will be rough...

I will be working on this with my good friend Asher.