Chapter 8

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

YOU THOUGHT

I'm not going to make this a lemon

-

The thought of the CCG and Aogiri Tree finding about your position wouldn't let you sleep. You and Momo had been incredibly immaculate with your moves from the beginning. There was no doubt, but still, it haunted you.

The loud sound of thunder crashing made the window shake.

A sharp cry came from the next room, and you got up to attend it. You made your way to the crib and extended your arms to pick up your son carefully.

After rocking him for a while you managed to calm him down and made him sleep again.

You brought him to yours and Momo's bed and placed him between you two.

Momo turned around, causing the sheets to make a soft rustling sound, his amber irises glowed in the dark.

He observed your son's chest rise and fall with every breath.

"They're cute when they are asleep aren't they?" he said with almost an inaudible voice

You giggled  "I agree"

Momo took the little fist in his hand as if he were holding a feather. The baby's fingers instinctively wrapped around one of his father's.

"Take the other fist" He said

You took it within your hand, without questioning Momo

"Otters link their arms together so they don't get separated in the water while they sleep."

You smiled simultaneously and enjoyed each other's presence in silence.

The air of the night was lighter by the second with the sound of rain diminishing.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked

"I don't know. I'm overthinking"

"Why?"

"I know that we are safe, but something about a temporary place always seems unsettling"

"Y/N. They won't find us. And if they do I'll always be here to protect you. You and this little maple leaf"

He stroked the soft baby's back gently, making the baby grimace and then ignore it, going back to sleep.

Despite of answering to his statement with a smile, he could sense your worry.

Momo stood up from bed and walked to your side. He laid behind you, making the mattress sink. He wrapped his arms around you and kissed your shoulder, where the scar, the living memory of your first encounter still remained.

"I'm here" he said reassuringly

The truth is, that you felt like if someone were to hurt Momo you wouldn't be able to protect him. You felt insecure.

You had become stronger and yet, you felt defenseless. It was hard to remember the last time you felt at ease.

But when you were this close to him, listening to his heartbeat, it served as a reminder that someone cared for you and that you would never be alone.

"How did this happen?" you say

"Hmm?" Momo hums, confused

"One day I suddenly become oblivious of a book I have to buy and the next day I'm here with you" you giggle

"Actually, I am glad you forgot about it"

He leaned on his elbow, and you moved so that you could lay on your back.

You looked at each other as if it were the first time.

His eyes still had that vibrant amber glow. Eager and full of life.

It was at times like this in which you could feel yourself being hypnotized by his gaze. You felt his embrace, his warmth. It was a feeling of mutual protection, that required no intervention of violence nor demonstration of physical strength to another being whatsoever.

You had come this far to be embraced like this by the one you loved and longed for.

There was nothing better that the feeling of corresponded love, Momo and your baby otter would be there. And you would be there for them.

Always.

__________

A/N: Hey guys! It took me a while to write this, I made several changes to the chapter and then deleted it and started again and again. I felt stuck with the story and didn't know how to continue it. I was afraid to make it look forced, so I decided to end it nice and simple. This is the last chapter of the book and there will be no more of it. Forgive me if I took too long in updating.

Words cannot express how happy I am to see that people actually read the absolute nonsense I write, I hope you all enjoy it though.

Thank you all for coming all this way. Once again, the outcome of this two books was unexpected and surprises me to this day.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

-Raven