Christmas in San Francisco

Start from the beginning

---

After a long flight and lots of action movies, we finally arrived in San Francisco. The kids ran towards their grandparents where they surprised us as we waited for our bags.

"Oh my goodness they've gotten so big!" My stepmom cooed, as she hugged the kids, Taylor buried her face into my shoulder, she seemed skeptical about my parents. She probably didn't remember them, I didn't expect her to, we only saw them twice a year.

"There's Taylor, how's my superstar?" My dad outstretched his arms to hold her. I smiled at his nickname for Taylor as I handed her over to him. Taylor, being the mellow child she is, didn't fuss or cry as she was passed around by my father and stepmother.

"Where are Bobby and Mathew?" I asked my parents as we strolled through the airport.

"Mathew is at home and Bobby will be arriving later tonight." My stepmom answered blankly.

She and I had a rough history together, as much as I had tried to mend our old bonds there wasn't anything I could do now to change my past with her.

—-

We pulled into the driveway of the old brick house, a black Cadillac was parked in the driveway and luscious green bushes boarded the outside. "Whoa! Your house is huge grandpa!" Luke and Zoe awed.

"Well, I wouldn't say huge." My dad chuckled from the driver's seat.

"It's giant!" Charlie added, the kids couldn't keep their curious, eager young eyes off the windows as we pulled into the garage.

"Where's my room?" Luke demanded.

"No I want mine first." Zoe whined.

"Me first." Charlie pouted.

My dad took their whining very well, "any door that is closed isn't your room. When I say go, run and find your room."

"Ok!" Their eyes lit up in excitement, Silena had gotten in on this too.

"Three...two...one...GO!" My dad grinned with amusement as Luke, Zoe, Silena, and Charlie sprinted as fast as they could into the house in pursuit of the room. We could hear them shouting at each other as they opened doors and slammed them shut before they found the next room.

"Where is it Lukey?" Silena asked.

"I don't know!" Luke retorted.

"I think I found it!" I heard Zoe shout.

"Where?" Charlie asked.

"Downstairs, it's so cool!" Zoe's squeaky little voice echoed from the basement.

I heard footsteps that sounded like elephants running from the kitchen and the kids thundered downstairs. "What did you set up dad?" I asked him as I carried Taylor downstairs with Percy in my wake.

"You'll see." Dad gave me a naughty grin.

"No! Zoe, this bed is mine."

"No it's mine I found the room first." Zoe complained.

"But I'm the oldest." Luke argued.