Chapter 16. Not Again Stiles

Beginne am Anfang

"Don't" Aurora warned as she watched Stiles stare at the wall trying his best to concentrate. Lydia let out a small squeal when she realised what was happening, "Stiles, get up" Aurora quickly grabbed a hold of Stiles arm and pulled him to his feet effortlessly.

"Yuck, yuck, yuck Stiles not again" Lydia muttered as she tried her best to get as far away from him as possible. Aurora shook her head to herself as she dragged Stiles up the stairs and into the bathroom in her room. She grabbed a hold of his shoulder as she sat Stiles down against the toilet.

"I'm fine" Stiles mumbled, looking over at Aurora. She just laughed as Stiles tried his best to hold eye contact with her but instead his eyes rolled around inside his head, "I promise-" but just as Aurora suspected, out it came. Aurora gave Stiles a pat on the back as he continued to throw up. After a moment of vomiting, He looked over at her giving her a thumbs up, but it was shortly lived as his head was back in the toilet bowl once again.

"You're alright" Aurora let out a small chuckle as she continued to rub his back. Stiles looked back at Aurora, and she almost threw up herself as she noticed that he was covered in his own vomit.

"You're a good friend, Rue" Stiles mumbled, "Even if you don't think you're my friend, you are" Stiles laid his head against his arm, "And I'm not even drunk, it's true we are friends" Aurora swallowed hard but sent him a small smile before he continued to be sick. She sat there for a moment. God, it had been years since anyone had called her that and suddenly, she was hearing it left, right and centre. Although when it fell from Theo's lips, she felt disgusted but as she looked over at Stiles, her hand soft on his back. She would never admit it, but she felt herself smile. Stiles had been the only person in years that seemed to genuinely care about Aurora. He didn't care that she was rude and sarcastic most of the time, he just continued to push his way into her life, and she was thankful. She had been alone for so long that she forgot what it was like to have someone to talk too. Aurora broke from her deep thoughts when there was a knock, she stood up to answer the door

"Hey, I brought water" Aurora sent Scott a small smile before grabbing the cup from his hand and placing it next to Stiles who rested his head against the edge of the toilet. Aurora quietly told him that there was water next to him and that she'd just be outside the door. Stiles sent her an incoherent groan and Aurora turned to leave.

"I'm gonna assume he does this often" Aurora mumbled as she made her way over to the edge of her bed, Scott following behind her.

"He does" Scott laughed, "I think he forgets that it takes a lot more for us to get drunk, so he tries to play catch up" Aurora laughed slightly, letting out a sigh and leaning back onto her bed. She lay there for a moment, letting her legs dangle over the edge looking up at the roof. Aurora felt Scott shift to lay down next to her. They fell into a silence, Aurora tried desperately to come up with something to say but her nerves got the better of her. There was something about the way they were laying on the bed together that reminded her of the night they first met. Scott looked around Aurora's room for a moment before he spoke, "So where are your parents? I'm surprised you were allowed to have a party here"

Aurora lowered her eyes and pursed her lips as she let out a low and hollow breath. She picked at her finger nails as she tried her best to come up with some kind of story about them being out of town or something like that but she just couldn't bring herself to do so, "It's just me"

Scott looked over at Aurora with furrowed eyes, "Just you?" Scott watched as the same look he had seen in her eyes the day he took her to the cliff and the other night in the woods reappeared on her face. Aurora focused on the roof, trying her hardest to not let herself go.

"Just me" She let out a small exhale before she turned her head to look at Scott who was already watching her with lost eyes. She sent him a small half smile, "It's been just me for a long time"