Chapter 4. Bad driving

Chapter 4.

Bad Driving 

The air was brisk and cold as the moon hung over the town. The only source of light glowed from the lights attached to Aurora's car. The soft sound of music echoed through the speakers. Aurora leaned forward slightly to turn up the music before turning the AC over to the heater. The day was long and all she wanted to do was head home. She wanted to plant herself in her bed and never leave. From the moment she opened her eyes this morning, her head was pounding. She missed the first day of School, clearly not off to a good start. Aurora sighed as she remembered the events of last night.

"I really do need to go" Aurora mumbled as Scott still held her hand, "Turn around"

"What? Why?" Scott questioned.

"Because I'm leaving" Aurora stated as if it was so obvious. Scott chuckled in confusion.

"But I want to see you" He reached for her other hand in the dark.

"No, you have to turn around" Aurora grabbed his shoulders and shifted him to face away from her, he groaned but listened. Aurora pulled away from him and turned to leave. Her mind was racing and maybe it was because she was still intoxicated but she turned back around. She placed a cold hand against his back, which sent addictive shivers down his spine, "Goodbye Scott, until we meet again"

"Baby, are you listening" The words slip softly from her cold chapped lips, focused on the darken road. Aurora's day hadn't consisted of much, Other than going down to the Beacon Hill High school to enrol. It was something she did to try and be normal. Not to be normal for those around her, but for herself. School was something normal teenagers did, and– even though she wasn't normal – she still wanted to feel some type of normalcy in her life. She wanted to learn about how there is the same number of particles that exist before and after a chemical reaction, not what the colour of blood is when it dries on your hands.

Aurora let out a scream as a deer jumped across the road, missing her car by millimetres, "What the fuck" She pulled over, trying her best to collect her thoughts. She planted her head in her hands as she slammed her head against the steering wheel, "Today just isn't my day" She groaned.

Knock

The sound made her jump out of her skin. Aurora looked over at her passenger window and noticed a boy standing there, looking concerned. Aurora sighed before winding down the window slightly.

"Are you okay?" He questioned her, Aurora nodded, "That deer really came out of nowhere" Aurora furrowed her eyebrows, confused as to how the boy saw what had happened. He must have noticed the confused look on her face, and he added, "I was driving behind you" Aurora looked in her rear mirror and in fact there was a blue Jeep behind her, she must have been so deep in her thoughts that she didn't even notice.

"Right, yeah it's my fault I should have been paying attention" The boy sent her a small smile.

"Are you new to town?" Aurora scuffled a laugh before shaking her head.

"If I had a dollar for how many times, I've been asked that today" The boy laughed.

"Sorry, I just kind of make it my job to know everyone in this town" Aurora raised her eyebrows at him, creepy. He threw up his hands in defence.

"Not in a weird way- my dad, he's the sheriff"

"Right, that makes sense" Aurora chuckled, "Well please don't tell him about my reckless driving and I won't tell him you're the town stalker" The boy laughed.

"You got yourself a deal-" He stopped.

"Aurora" He smiled at her.

"Stiles"