Chapter 4

Kellin's POV

I was nervous for my little date with Vic, I still couldn't believe I asked him out. How could I have been so forward? Josh would have been proud of me. But I was still nervous and freaked out.

"Quit freaking out, Kellin, it's just a date. This is good for you," Josh told me, laying on my bed. I glanced over at him, he was reclined back, leaning against my pillows, his ankles crossed. He looked far more relaxed in my room than I ever did.

"I know it is, but it's frightening. What if Bruce shows up?" I asked, well, more like whispered to myself as I pulled a shirt from my closet and examined it, trying to decide if I wanted to wear it to hang out with Vic or not. I didn't even understand why I was freaking out so much, especially considering when I asked him to hang out after school and didn't even say date any time in that. So while I was considering this a date, he was probably thinking that we were just friends hanging out.

"I'll make sure that both Bruce and Adam are as far away as possible. You're getting so much better and I'm going to make sure it stays that way."

"If that happens, you do realize what'll happen right?" I asked, pulling the shirt over my head.

Josh shrugged. "It's for your well being, I'm willing to do it."

I let out a sigh as I started getting ready. "He wasn't even at school today. What if he's regretting it?" I asked him, grabbing a pair of jeans and hopped around my room trying to pull them on. Now I was overthinking all of this. This was all a mistake.

"He's not regretting it, Kells, he probably just ditched. Everyone does that every once in awhile."

I let out a whine and slipped on a pair of shoes. "Should I wear a flannel?"

"No, that looks good just the way it is."

"You think?" I asked, looking down at my outfit.

"Would I lie to you?"

I smiled and shook my head. "Never. Now, I gotta go so I'll see you later," I told him after checking the phone.

"Bye Kells."

I told him goodbye and hurried out of the house.

The closer I got the more nervous I became. I didn't want to seem dumb or crazy in front of Vic. I wouldn't be surprised if he already thought that. He probably was going to ditch me on this date too. I wouldn't be surprised if he did. I wouldn't blame him, though, I'd ditch me. And once he got to know me, he'd probably regret ever agreeing to be friends with me and would never even think about doing more than being friends.

God this was a mistake.

Why the hell was I doing this? I was gonna ruin whatever possible friendship I had with him. I groaned and continued walking. We were going to meet up at a pie restaurant in midtown and my stomach was completely tied in knots.

When I got there I stood outside looking at the daunting building in front of me. I glanced inside and found Vic already inside sitting at a table. Part of me just wanted to bolt right then and there. I couldn't do that to him, I'd feel bad. No, I was gonna suck it up and go in there and talk to him. And maybe, when I walked out, I'd walk out in a relationship.

I walked inside and went straight over to him with a smile.

"Hey." I said taking a seat across from him.

"Hey," he said with a grin. "How's your day been?"

"It's been good, what about you?"

"Pretty good, I uh, I ditched school today to try and get to know Alan. Give him a chance, you know?"