Revelations and Goals

Start from the beginning

Madoka nodded and Kioshi took that as his cue, easily picking me up and walking outside. This was my chance, Kioshi had a tendency to answer most of my questions anyway.

"Hey daddy, is Yashiro-san a ninja?" I asked with a childish curiosity.

"No, he works with mommy at the bakery. He's a good guy so you don't need to be shy around him." He said as he put me down. I grabbed the yellow ribbon on my dress and fiddled with it to appear nervous.

"I get nervous..." I took a peek through my bangs and he looked down at me sadly.

"Sakura...if it's about what happened to you before, then don't worry, mommy and daddy love you just the way you are." He kissed my forehead. I blinked but didn't comment as he stood up and left me by the door.

'Inner...what did he mean by before?' She stayed quiet for a while, not really attempting to answer my question.

"I'll tell you about it later." I tilted my head, confused by her evasive attitude.

'Alright...' I didn't continue the conversation and instead sat down in front of Kioshi.

"Alright Sakura, last training for the day. You will try to move the chakra through your chakra circulatory system." I nodded for him to continue.

"Okay try to concentrate on your chakra again, don't worry I can tell whether you have found it, and when you do, try to move it." I closed my eyes and placed my fingers in the correct placement. Inner and I both concentrated on finding the chakra again, after a few minutes less than last time we found it. The tingling sensation was pretty easy to remember.

I frowned, this was just as hard as before. It was hard focusing on something so small without having a clear feel to it. I spent a few minutes of just feeling it and remembering it.

I was right, it felt slightly different than Kioshi's. His felt warm, reminding me of the same warmth his aura would be like when he gave us an affectionate hugs. I suppose all chakra feels tingly; but just as Kioshi said the more I focused on the feeling the more comfortable it was. The sensation was leaving and I concentrated on the other part of it.

If I had to describe it, I would say it felt...jumbled. I concentrated harder on it. How was I supposed to move it? I imagined the chakra gathering together and spiraling; but just imagining it wouldn't work.

"Good job Sakura!" My eyes snapped open, effectively losing my concentration immediately.

"What daddy?"

"What are you talking about? You just spiraled your chakra inside!" My eyes widened at his exclamation.

"Really! But all I did was imagine it." He smiled at my confusion.

"That's good! You're supposed to imagine it, that's where the spiritual part comes in. I told you before, the physical part is so you can contain and endure it, while the spiritual part is so you can mentally control what you're doing."

"Oh, I thought it was wrong." I smiled up at him, feeling a bit better.

"Good. Now do it again, but try and also feel it going through the circulatory system." I closed my eyes, so we could try and do it again. We still lasted a few minutes searching, though it took less than before, but only by a few seconds. When we found it, I figured the only way for it to go out is through the circulatory system. If we found a place for it to go through, then we were going through the right direction.