3. Snitch

"I'm sorry" Frank found himself muttering under his breath, both hands holding his head up as he slouched at the desk.

Gerard glanced over at him with a raised eyebrow and then back down at his hands, he furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head "You're not going soft now are you?" he scoffed.

"N-no, but..." Frank sighed and closed his eyes, covering his face with his hands.

"I don't want you're sympathy shithead, just...just leave me alone" He crossed his arms and leant beck in his chair, bringing his legs up to rest them on another chair.

Frank revealed his confused face and opened his mouth to speak "I'm not giving you sympathy!" he frowned and watched Gerard smirk with a cocked eyebrow "I just know-"

"You know what?" Gerard snapped suddenly, putting his feet down and slamming his fists on the desk in front of Frank, making him jump slightly, looking up at the black haired boy.

"I know that you feel alone" he started, his expression softening "And sad- and broken!" Gerard suddenly turned around and stormed off "You feel like you have no one to speak to" Frank continued as he jumped up out of his chair, following the other boy.

"Go away" Gerard mumbled as he picked up his hoodie.

"I know that you feel like you're the only person who understands" Frank tried as he got pushed away by Gerard walking past him, like a thunderstorm just ready to break.

Gerard finally sat back down but this time at the back of the classroom, he had put his hoodie on, pulling the hood up over his head and burying his head in his arms on the desk.

Frank quietly sat on the chair next to him, facing his desk and looking at him, in deep thought.

"Why do you do it?" Frank said, his voice hoarse and quiet.

"Why do you do it?" Gerard fired back, sitting up and looking directly at Frank. His eyes looked red and his cheeks were flushed, he scowled at Frank who was slightly taken back by the question. He opened his mouth to speak but all he could muster were stutters.

"I-I don't d-do-"

"Because you're depressed?" Gerard continued, his voice sharp and laced with anger and hurt "Because you feel worthless, disgusting. Because you don't want to live in this world anymore but you're too scared to leave because..." His voice turned softer and more emotional as he swallowed the lump in his throat "...because you know that you deserve all the pain that it gives you..."

Gerard's eyes started to glisten in the small amount of light, his eyes becoming watery as his black hair fell over his face. He turned away and sat back down, crossing his arm as his eyes focused on the wall across the room through his hair.

Frank froze completely, staring into the back of Gerards head, wide eyed and gobsmacked. He blinked the blurry, teary vision away and swallowed the growing lump in his throat. He tried his best to take everything that Gerard had said, but he found himself thinking about what made Gerard feel this way.

"W-what makes you d-do it?" Frank whispered, his voice barely audible.

Gerard shrugged silently and sighed, he knew full well why he did it, of course he did but like he said, he wanted no sympathy and hated the boy, so why would he suddenly open up to him.

"I-is it...school?" Frank spoke, a little louder than before.

The other glanced his way, scowling an shook his head as he rolled his eyes.

"F-family?" he stuttered nervously.

"You shouldn't ask so many questions" Gerard snapped bluntly, facing him directly. Frank opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out, no sound no nothing. He sighed shakily and heavily as he watched Gerard slouch back in his chair. "You don't understand" He added.