Chapter Seven

The two soldiers that had carried Eglantine and Blizz here took the two owlets to the cliff side where other owls were being moonblinked. I followed and decided that I would watch from afar as the moonblinking program insured.
   I saw the little forms of Eglantine and Blizz, who were being crowded into the light of the moon. "So lean back, put your beaks up... and turn your faces to the light of the glorious full moon... and sleep." I hear Jatt and Jutt command.
   The sound of talons against rock caught my attention and I hid behind a rock. My darker feathers keeping me hidden as a group of owls came to the same perch I was on just a few moments ago.
   "Lord Allomere, the boy was right. Those owlets, we have to rescue them." One of the two owls who were flanking the one called Allimere said.
I tried my hardest not to jump out at that time and attack. Though I'm sure Nyra had mentioned Allimere before. Since he is our spy within the guardians.
   My assumptions were that Soren had found the guardians and told them everything.
   "Caution. We mustn't rush in blindly. We don't know what we're up against. Now, see those bats? Follow them. I'll wager we'll discover the full extent of their plan." Allimere said and I watched as they flew after since bats.
   I followed them but hid quickly when they stopped. "Hold I'll take out that one, you get the two down on the platform." Allimere explained as he flew up on another platform.
   I watched silently as the two went down and attacked the two guards that ended up being bait. "What is this?" I heard them yell as a colony of bats opened up one of the mechanisms, causing the blue hue of the flecks to be seen. They yelled in pain and I went up to the platform to meet up with Allimere. He looked over at me.
   "You Pure One?" He asked and I just nod my head. "I'm gonna need two of your moonblinked owlets and I also need you to hurt me so it looks like I was put in a fight." He said and I nodded.
   I flew back a ways towards Jatt and Jutt. I nodded to then and they allowed me in where I immediately go to where Eglantine and Blizz were. I put them in a basket and carried the basket back to Allimere.
   I may be a Pure One, but I'm not heartless. That and I partially don't want the two to be put through what all these other owls are going through.
   I went over to him and slashed at his side with my talons. He sent me a farewell nod and took Eglantine and Blizz back to the Great Ga'hoole Tree.