Chapter 19

Work is a hazardous place. Men and women in business suits, some even in outrageous costumes, bustle around the office, though it's not exactly an office. Part of it is and the other parts are sets made for various movies. There are a lot of buildings, each reserved for different scenes of different films. Though I know for a fact that the filming crew goes out of state a lot for certain movies.

Today in particular is a very assiduous day. The movie they were filming from April to June is being conversed about among all the workers, actors, and extras around the office. My mind is spinning, not able to pin point any one thought. Walking to Roberts office is a chore at that.

When I break through the glass doors, I have to lean against them just to catch my breath. My parents always used to try to convince me that I'm claustrophobic, only now am I realizing I am. All the commotion suffocated me.

When I look up Robert is staring at me curiously from behind his desk. I brush my hair out of my eyes before smiling sheepishly.

"Good morning," I chirp.

"To you also Haley, now may I ask, are you alright?"

"Just a little overwhelmed sir," I say.

"Did you happen to hear what all the excitement is about?" He asks me.

"Not exactly, just something about some movie."

Robert walks around his desk, leaning against the side, crossing his ankles and arms. My stomach clenches with uneasiness for some reason. I get the sense he's about to tell me something huge.

"So, you've been working here for quite some time now. Recently I've looked at your résumé. You've had a lot of training it appears. There's this movie role coming up, for the sequel to Divergent."

"Insurgent," I cut in.

"It seems to me you are aware of the books. Hopefully you are also aware of the character Shauna?"

My heart leaps. No way. No freaking way. He is not offering me the job of playing one of the characters in my all time favorite series.

"Indeed I am," I try to maintain my voice, but I think he can sense the excitement because a smile appears on his face.

"Auditions are being held soon. I can not offer you the spot directly, but there is a good chance this role will end up in your hands. The odds are ever in your favor," he quotes and I laugh. I don't think I've ever laughed while on the job. It feels notably awkward.

"I'd love that more than anything," I gush.

"I thought you would. Now back to business," he says, the smile on his face instantly vanishing. The lines on his forehead crease as he gives me a list of things I have to get done before the end of the day. He reminds me about the all-staff meeting in one of the main rooms, dedicated for mass crowds such as this one will be.

The day flys by in a breeze. While doing my work I barely pay attention. I'm so excited for this movie deal I can't seem to contain myself. When I answer the phone, I answer with a voice that I don't recognize. For it is far too ecstatic to be mine. This is it. My dream is really coming true. I was starting to think this job wasn't going to get me anywhere.

When seven o'clock rolls around I transfer the final call, arrange the freshly printed papers on Roberts desk and then make my way to the faculty auditorium.

I take a seat in the midsts of all the commotion. Two fairly young women sit next to me, gossiping about possibilities for this assembly. Robert stands at the front of the room along with several other men I don't recognize.

The lights dim. Sighing I lean back in my chair and cross my arms. Most likely yet another assembly about how to reduce electrical and water costs or some other boring meeting about what we're doing wrong and how to fix it. But instead a large screen rolls down behind him. It is the size of one in a movie theater.

The microphone squeals as Robert turns it on. The talking fades to murmurs which dies down to complete silence other than the occasional cough.

"You all must be wondering what on Earth I have called you here for. As you all know, the movie Divergent has been under post production here at Summit Entertainment. I, the CEO of this company would like to present to you, the never before seen trailer."

The lights die completely. The blank screen captivating or attention. Suddenly pictures start to dance across the screen. My heart races. I might be in this sequel, which depends on whether this movie succeeds or not.

As the trailer starts, I am mesmerized as to see who portrays the characters I adore. The first scene is hair falling to the ground, then Shailene Woodley. I only remember her from The Secret Life so I am surprised to see she has received such a big role. As it continues I recognize the women who plays Jeanine as the lady who played Rose in Titanic. The trailer goes on, I watch with pure fascination. Tris tumbles from the building only to collide with a net. Suddenly my heart stops as the next image pops up on the screen. My wonderful mood vanishes in a blink of an eye.

Theo.

My stomach seems to find a heartbeat, I feel an urge to vomit. No this isn't possible. No. This isn't him. He's not in this movie. No.

I stop watching, unable to focus on my boyfriend who is being displayed on the screen. I'm too caught up in my own thoughts, trying to let this register.

He told me he is a businessman. He told me he owns his own company. Countless times he indulged me on secrets off his business, telling me deals he had with costumers.

In other words; lying through his teeth.

When the lights flicker on. I don't stay to listen to whatever Robert has to say about it. I don't stay to hear the women gush over the man I've fallen in love and slept with. I don't want to hear any of that. I don't want this to be true.

I keep walking till I am outside. Before I can let out any true emotion I call the first person I can think off.

He picks up on the first ring. I don't even bother to let him speak first.

"You were right," I tell him, "That apartment is made for me. I'll take it."

Did any of you see that coming? Comment with what you think and vote!

QOTC

What would you do if you discovered everything the love of your life told you was a lie?