Esther opened her mouth to reply but was interrupted by the buzz of her phone. She checked it quickly and noticed it was - speak of the devil - Avi. "The boys are waiting for us downstairs." Kirstie's head dropped and she started playing with the bracelet her mother gave her for her sixteenth birthday. 

Esther noticed the almost immediate decrease in Kirstie's mood. She sighed. "Once we come back, we can watch Game of Thrones and order food."

Kirstie practically sprinted out of the room.

***

Avi sipped on his cocktail, glancing over at all the couples in the club that were either grinding on the dance floor, holding hands at the bar or making out on the couches. He felt like crying into his drink; maybe love just wasn't for him. Maybe he was destined to be single forever.

His eyes travelled back to the dance floor and in between the crowd of people dancing to Drake, he managed to find his friends. Despite Kevin being reluctant to come with - he almost flipped out too when Scott asked him to drive - Avi found him having a blast with Esther. It reminded him of the times on the tour bus when all of them, including Esther, had a dance party.

Then he glanced further into the crowd and saw the trio happily dancing together. Scott was twirling Mitch around while laughing like crazy. Kirstie was giggling at her two insane friends, covering her mouth with her hand so it hid her perfect smile. Avi couldn't help but beam while watching her, she was so effortlessly flawless. 

He let out a deep breath and swivelled around in his chair to meet the barman. "Another one, please," he said, referring to his empty glass. He put his head in his hands and allowed himself to drift off into thoughts of Kirstie.

"Hi," came a soft voice next to him. Even though the voice was gentle, it still startled Avi and he noticeably jumped a little in his seat. He turned to face the person of the voice and almost fell off the bar stool when he saw it was Kirstie, standing there with a small smile on her face. "Can I join you?" She asked, pointing to the stool on his right. All Avi could do was sit there dumbfounded and give a small nod, like a love struck teenager. 

"Everything alright here?"

"Yeah, I guess. Why do you ask?" 

Kirstie bit her lip while deep in thought. Would it be inappropriate if she suggested it? They weren't exactly on speaking terms, they were extremely awkward around each other...

Fuck it, she finally decided. She would just ask and it was up to him to accept or deny her offer. All she wanted was to cheer him up.

"Uhh, do you want to go dance?" Both Kirstie and Avi's cheeks were tinted red, their pupils dilated as they both stared at each other like deer in the headlights. "I'm not going to bite," she joked stiffly. "And it's not only you and me, anyway. Everyone, including Esther, is all on the dance floor bopping to Beyoncé. What do you say?"

She outstretched her hand in hopes that Avi would take it. He looked down at her tiny hand before glancing back up at her dreamy smile. He returned the smile and intertwined their hands together while walking towards the dance floor. Esther watched from afar with a huge grin on her face, feeling more like a proud mother than ever. Even though it was just hand holding, baby steps were key. 

 "Avi! You finally joined us!" Scott yelled over the music blaring throughout the room. Himself and Mitch were definitely a bit buzzed but far, far away from being wasted; they had learnt a valuable lesson that night. 

The six friends made a circle on the floor and Mitch cheered, raising his glass, "To us. The best group of friends ever!"

"To us!"

***

"So... I'm guessing you didn't tell him yet?"

The two roommates were in the bathroom, fixing their makeup and discussing their lives - although, they were mostly discussing Kirstie's. 

"We're at a fucking club, Es."

Just as Kirstie was talking, Avi walked past the girls bathroom, looking for Esther in order to ask whether she had a portable charger with her. He stopped walking when he heard two voices inside, immediately recognising them as his sister's and Kirstie's. He knew eavesdropping was bad, he was always taught that growing up, but he just couldn't help himself this one time.

"So?"

"I'm not planning to tell Avi I'm pregnant with his child in a room that smells like weed while Rihanna is playing in the background."

No.

No...

There was no way he was hearing this right; his ears were deceiving him. With his heart thumping hard against his chest, Avi leaned closer to the door in order to hear more of their conversation. 

"Well, like I said, you should tell him as soon as possible because the longer you wait, the more painful it will be. To the both of you."

"Maybe I should just wait until my bump is showing? Or maybe I'll just never tell him, who knows what will happen," she shrugged, even though she was kidding about the last part.

Avi grit his teeth with anger and roughly pushed the door open to the girl's bathroom, causing both of the women inside to squeal with fear. Avi stood by the door, looking angrier than a wild bull while Esther and Kirstie stood there in shock, unable to move or speak. 

"Avi?" Kirstie squeaked. "Umm, how long were you standing outside for?" 

"Long enough to hear everything that you just said," he hissed. "You weren't even going to tell me about my own child?"

"No, I was going to, I swear!" Kirstie's voice rose as she stepped forward. "I'm sorry for not telling you sooner, I wasn't sure how you would react."

"Oh? You want to know how I'm going to react?" Avi laughed without humour in his tone. "I don't want this baby."

"W-what?" Kirstie stumbled her words. "What do you mean, Avi?"

"Give the baby up for adoption, abort it or keep it, I don't care. I just don't want to be apart of their life. And I don't want to be apart of yours either." He spat out his words and they cut her like the thorns on a rose. He stomped out of the surprisingly clean bathroom, leaving a shocked and disappointed Esther there along with a heartbroken Kirstie. 

It didn't take long for the blonde singer to burst into sobs, it was probably the third time in a few days. "Shhh, everything will be okay," Esther cooed, rubbing a comforting hand on her friend's back. She couldn't believe her brother for treating Kirstie like that! Yes, he must've been shocked, but it was no reason to treat someone disrespectfully. And even though Avi said he didn't want to be apart of their life, Esther knew he would change his mind in a heartbeat. Her dear brother loved children so much, and they loved him.

"Things will get better, I promise," she whispered the mantra over and over again until Kirstie had managed to stop shaking so much. 

Although Esther wasn't even sure she believed it herself.

oops it's 1:33am so im very tired and the ending is kinda rushed but i hope you liked this! also ptx announced the new bass im so sad