Kiss It Better

Two soaking wet and slippery singers opened the door to their hotel room, leaving mini puddles behind them as they walked. "That pool was amazing. Maybe it's just Vegas but the water was so clear and I felt like a mermaid to be honest. I don't mind staying here forever," Mitch smiled as water dripped down from his messy bangs. 

"Me neither. The bus can stay broken for all I care," Scott laughed as he dug into the mini refrigerator to get a cold drink. Vegas was scorching hot, even in the late afternoon. "Do you want anything to drink, Mitchy?"

He sighed as he dried the tips of his hair with the white towel in his hands, "No thanks. I think I'm just going to shower, order some room service and head to bed. Swimming sure does tire you out." Scott slammed the refrigerator door shut and turned to his best friend in utter shock.

"It's our first night in Las Vegas, it's only about six in the evening and you want to go to bed? That's just not acceptable," Scott muttered and shook his head before whipping his phone out from his pocket, his fingers tapping at incredible speed. 

"Umm... what are you doing?" Mitch asked in bewilderment.

"I," Scott replied without even looking up from his screen. "Am asking Kevin, Esther, Avi and Kirstin to come to our room and chill with us. But I said they have to bring their own alcohol." His phone buzzed about four times which meant they had already replied. "Awww, Esther said she's too busy trying to sort out the bus so she won't be coming. But the rest of the gang is down."

"What are we even going to do?"

"I don't know, Mitchy, but don't be such a negative Nancy. We'll probably just hang out, listen to music, maybe play some truth or dare..."

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no. We all know what happened the last time we played truth or dare." Both Scott and Mitch thought back to the time in Japan where Kevin had been dared to kiss a girl at the bar, which resulted in him being punched by the girl's boyfriend. They shuddered at the image of Kevin's mouth bleeding profusely, one of his teeth almost being knocked out.

"Well, we won't be that crazy this time. And it's just the five of us, what's the worst that could happen?" Scott was awfully enthusiastic about this whole game. Mitch on the other hand...

He bit his lip in thought of what could possibly go wrong. More in thought of what he wanted to go wrong. A game of truth or dare with alcohol involved... No, he shook the sinful thoughts away. How could he be thinking those things about his best friend who was married for goodness sake? He was probably just very tired and muddled.

"Fine," he sighed. "But it's going to be your fault if someone's drunk ass falls off the balcony or something like that." Scott's face lit up like a Christmas tree and he tackled Mitch into a bear hug. Mitch could only sigh again. It was going to be a long night.

***

"And then I told that dumb hoe to get the hell away from me. Did she really think she would win in a riff off against the queen?" Scott laughed, taking another swig of his beer. It was well into the game of truth or dare and the five singers weren't completely wasted, rather just a bit tipsy. "Kirstin Taylor, it's your turn." Scott tossed to his blonde friend sitting next to him in the circle.

"Hmm, after that detailed story I think I'll go for a dare." She tapped the screen with a perfectly manicured nail and immediately reached for her bottle of alcohol once she saw what was written. "What fresh hell is this? You and the player on your left must take your shirts off and hug for thirty seconds." She peered at Kevin next to her who was jokingly bouncing his eyebrows up and down. "I love you K.O, but I think I'll pass this one." Another gulp of her vodka ran down her throat, causing her to buzz more with the drink in her system. "It's your turn, Mitchy."