Chapter 67: The Worst

Start from the beginning

"Hey, could you help me with the bags?" I asked him as he took the two bags off of my shoulder and brought them inside onto the living room couch. I came in after him and Riley ran in, hugging his legs as he turned away, making him step back a bit.

"Wassup Riley." he leaned down and hugged her.

"Where is your Christmas tree?" Riley asked as she looked around.

"I didn't put it up yet." I knew Castillo was lying.

"Okay but you should. Santa might skip your house." she told him as she searched around for the remote and then turned the tv on for herself, "Can I watch tv?" she already became comfortable. I put Camron's carrier down on the couch sideways so that it wouldn't fall and told Riley to keep an eye on him.

I went into the kitchen with Castillo and opened up the bag with the food in it. I took out one sandwich and a juice and passed it to Riley and then came back and passed Castillo one of the beers.

"Have you been eating?" I asked him.

"A little bit." he shrugged his shoulders. I took out the sandwich rolls that I made and gave him two.

"This one is tuna and the other one is ham." I told him as I took one out for myself and a juice.

Castillo unwrapped the ham sandwich and started eating, "Thank you." he told me as I moved over to sit next to where he was standing. I feel so bad for him because he really is going through it all. Castillo messed up so much with Liv and now she's gone. I wonder what Kash would do if something where to happen to me. Castillo's eyebrows were low, the feature that really made him look mean despite his harsh brown eyes and almost permanent scowl that only turned into a smile to annoy you. Castillo considers himself a black guy, maybe he's just unsure about who he is but both of his parents are black. I wish I could know more about him because it would be interesting to know how he ended up looking sweet yet so mean.

"Does Kash know where you are?" he asked me as he opened the beer and drank a little bit of it.

"I don't need to check in with him and I'll text him and let him know." I pulled my phone out and texted Kash. "He went Christmas shopping so he might be out for a while." I told him.

Castillo nodded and I sighed, "So how have you been?" I asked him.

"Obviously I feel like shit_ but I carry around her note because it's like the last real conversation we had, even though I never got a chance to apologize." he told me.

"Stop carrying it around because all it is doing is making you feel like trash." I told him, "Don't make yourself feel bad about it. That's the last thing you should do."

Castillo and I stayed in the kitchen to talk as Riley was caught up in a Dragon Ball Z marathon and watched 3 episodes straight as we sat here and talked. The door bell rang and Kash was here. He slapped hands with Castillo and I left the two alone to talk to each other I the kitchen because I understand they didn't communicate as much.

Camron woke up a while ago so I fed him his baby formula and played around with him a bit. I could hear Castillo and Kash talking and they said that London wanted to have a meeting on Saturday to discuss what they were going to do.

"Mommy." Riley started tapping me, "I want to go home now." she complained.

"Well you have to wait." I told her.

"But I want to go home now." she kept on talking.

"Why do you want to leave?" I asked her.

"I am so bored." she pouted.