Chapter 57: Ballroom Bloodbath

It is now January of the following year and things were slowly falling back into how they used to be despite the changes.

"I know, you hate it when daddy leaves?" Cammie asked as she bounced 6 month old Riley in her arms as she followed Kash out of the front door. Riley was bawling and crying as Kash turned his back with his black attire on. He stopped short and huffed, turning around.

"Don't make me feel that way. This is for you guys." Kash told Cammie. The same line he has been using for the past two months. He told the gang he was taking a break but here he is, up an d ready to go in a matter of four months after Riley's birth.

"For us? Yeah okay, blow the heads off of a dozen people, we need that for sure." Cammie rolled her eyes and soon Riley's cries calmed down and she rested her head on Cammie's shoulder.

Kash huffed, "Cam, I'm trying. I just rocked her to sleep." Kash defended himself.

"And obviously she woke up. She was comfortable and you just set her down and she got fussy again. You know that she likes you more." Cammie told him as she showed Kash his daughter.

"No she doesn't. She hates it when I change her diaper and she always kicks or farts when I try to.' Kash complained.

"Well because she doesn't see you a lot." Cammie said.

"Yes she does. I'm in her face all the time when I get back." Kash argued.

Cammie sighed and rolled her eyes to the ceiling, "Kash, I'm scared for us. You think that going out to protect us is helping but it is leaving us more vulnerable. I hate being here all by myself and having to worry about someone coming in an taking us or something." Cammie said as Kash took Riley out of her arms. Kash tickled Riley's milk belly and rubbed his nose against hers.

"You have a lot of friends now. Call someone to stay with you." he said to her as he leaned down and kissed her on the lips long and with feeling. "When I come back tonight, I'll make up for it. We'll put Riley to bed early and then we can have some time to ourselves."

"No, you can have time to yourself with the broom because I'm making you mop the floors, scumbag." Cammie took Riley back and shooed Kash out of the door, "Now get on and be safe."

"You got it." he told her as he headed out to the garage and opened it out, soon pulling off with his Mustang.

Cammie looked at Riley who had her fingers in her mouth and was drooling, "What do you want to do today other than sleep and eat. Because that's all you do." Cammie asked Riley as she looked her over. Riley's hair was growing out a little into a little dark afro, very short and soft. Cammie usually puts a nice ribbon in it or pushes it back with a head band to match what she is wearing. Cammie dried the tears from Riley's eyes and smiled.

"You need to go and take a nap because you were up all night driving mommy crazy. You just love seeing me pull out my hair don't you?" Cammie asked as she balanced Riley in one arm and kissed each of her fingers.

Cammie took Riley upstairs and bathed her in the bath tub and cleaned her face off carefully. Riley splashed around with a bath toy that Valentina bought for her. It was was pink rubber ducky with a bow on its head. "You like grandma's present?" Cammie asked her.

People think that is ridiculous to sit there and talk to a baby but Cammie thinks that talking to the baby teaches them conversation so when they know how to speak they'll have some type of advantage. Cammie finds herself always speaking positive into Riley's future, "When you get older you'll be a very intelligent girl. Have the best grades and know all that you need to know to become successful." Cammie leaned in so she could wash Riley off, "And when you see a guy like your dad coming around, do a background check first."