.:4:.

The weekend came slower than I would have liked, but it was like a blessing from the heavens when it finally arrived. I stayed in bed until noon, sleeping off the days during which I barely got any rest.

My mum had come in with breakfast, which she left on my bedside table. This had never happened before, but she decided that I deserved it, as I had done well in my first two weeks of a new school. I agreed with her, as I always had trouble with making friends, yet here I was with an entire group to sit with at lunch and a band to play in. It was a miracle I had even gotten this far.

My plans for a lazy Saturday were abolished though when I heard two sets of footsteps approach my bedroom door. I rolled over in bed, assuming it was just my parents, however when my dad knocked then peeked in, he said, quite cufused, "Kellin, there's someone to see you."

I groaned and told them to come in, just as baffled as my dad by the presence of someone who wanted to actually visit me. Things like that never happened - it was more likely to see a pig fly than to have someone voluntarily want to be in my presence. Well, until now I guess.

I looked up to see Vic standing at my door, looking at me with an amused expression, as soon as my dad left. First I wondered what he was doing here, then I considered why he would be looking at me that way, and lastly I realised that I had been lying on top of my covers with most of my body exposed to him.

I shrieked and dove under the sheets, bright red in the face from being seen only in my underwear.

"Nice Spongebob boxers," Vic said, walking in and closing the door behind him before collapsing down into the chair which stood by my desk. He spun around on it a few times, the old thing making a horrible squeaking noise, before coming to a stop, facing me.

"Uh, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but why are you here?" I asked sheepishly, sitting up whilst clutching the sheets to my chest.

Vic held out something which I had not even taken notice of when he arrived. "You left this at Gabe's the other day." It was one of my textbooks. It must have fallen out of my bag.

"Thanks," I smiled a little, "but why didn't Gabe give it to me then?"

"He didn't have time, he's away at his girlfriend's place," Vic explained, swatting his hand dismissively, and placing the book on my desk. I opened my mouth with another question but, before I could even ask, the subject was already being changed. "Do you want to hang out today?"

I shut my mouth to stop looking like a fish and considered this. Vic seemed quite persistent with wanting to spend time with me, and it was probably because he realised how lonely I was. I had already turned him down the previous day, so doing the same thing again would be horrible.

"Sure. Are the other guys coming along too?" I questioned, referring to the band.

"Well, like I said before, Gabe is with his girlfriend. Jack is grounded, for whatever reason, and Justin isn't replying to my texts so he's probably doing cocaine off some girl's tits," Vic replied nonchalantly.

"At 11am on a Saturday?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

"Don't underestimate Justin," Vic said in an overly serious tone, making me giggle.

I sighed out, lightly smiling to myself at the pleasant atmosphere and enjoying it. It felt so strange to have someone other than my parents here in my room, as I only had about two friends back in my previous area and I was not that close with either of them. I was not exactly best friends with Vic either, but he seemed to have a dislike for boundaries.

"Anyway, they're all busy, and I'm bored, so it's just you and me, buddy," Vic grinned. "Do you have any plans for the day?"

"Well, I was supposed to do my homework, but I guess that can wait until tomorrow. Also, I think Jack emailed me the audio files for the song you guys recorded, and I was planning on writing lyrics for it today."