Trials

Isabella ran through the forest at top speed. Wary of every crack and noise in the forest. She could hear a leaf floating down to the ground. She had envisioned this a million times and yet, her pursuer was always unknown. He had a strong voice and seemed to be calling out to her from all sides. She stops, grabs a twig, and cuts herself to make sure it isn't a dream. She feels a sting and then screams. Her whole arm left mangled  and holding by threads. She looked back at the stick and watched it transform into the shape of a man. "Him". She ran as his lips opened to say something and didn't dare look back. Knowing that with just one word he could freeze her didn't scare her, what scared her was her limbs slowing down. Slowly but steadily she knew she was dying.

She kept death at bay but knew she wouldn't last much longer. She let "Him" catch up and decided that it didn't matter if she was to die anyway.

"Oh, so I see this little game of cat and mouse is over now isn't it? Couldn't outrun me could you girly? What a shame I had to do that to your arm. You seemed so attached to it too. I only came to deliver a message. I guess I'll have to take you to him myself," He says with a grin.

He moved even faster than before and picked me up. I hear screams and everything goes black.

"He... Hello? I didn't kill you did I? Father would be rather disappointed if you died before the trials," He says.

"Trials?" I ask with a scratchy throat.

I looked at my arm and it seemed to be repairing itself. Weaving the thread back and forth as if my mom was still here. I violently arched as I thought of my mom. One second your a little girl with nightmares. Next thing you know your world shatters around you and a new one is created. Just like that, all for these "Trials".

"Yes trials! You've been training your whole bloody life for these. Remember running in the forest? Or perhaps saving your Dollie in the river? Or even climbing that waterfall to save your sister? Those were all the pre trials of physical strength and endurance. You passed with flying colors, father was very pleased.

"Do you really not remember? You killed my "Father"." I reply fiercely

"That was an accident. He swung the axe at me and I simply made a barrier. His fault for having such a soft skull." He chuckled.

"You take that back right now or I'll, I'll..." I reply weakly.

"You'll do what now?" He asks.

His eyes became red as I felt my body being pierced by a thousand invisible knives.

"THATS ENOUGH." Something shouts.

It had power over me as my anger simply subsided. I looked over in it's direction in complete obedience.

I saw a tall young man, then a lizard, then a spider, then a dragon, then my father and it continued to spiral. Until it eventually came to a conclusion of being a ball of light. It floated toward me and the power it radiated made me feel protected and worthless at the same time. It made me want to prove myself to it and I didn't know what had come over me.

"You may know of me," It says.

"I assume your god." I reply.

"Your assumption would be correct. From the day I created you, you were special. I didn't even need to add anything out of the ordinary. You just somehow formed into something mentally and physically stronger than everyone else. Most of your kind would pass out the second they see their arm gone. You simply accepted it and continued." God says.