Chapter 27: Midwestern

Start from the beginning

His voice trailed. I looked at him sympathetically. "You don't have to talk about this if you don't want too."

He squeezed my hand. "I love you." he stated then continued. "My sister-you see, she's..." That's when I saw a tear escape his eyes. My heart began to ache. I didn't like to see him in this kind of pain.

"Mike please just stop talking about it."

"No! You're my fucking baby and I am going to fucking tell you." He looked at me-his eyes soft. "My sister she's sick. She has epilepsy." Oh no! That's horrible. That's why he wanted to stay close to her. he wanted to protect her. I could feel my eyes filling with tears just thinking about the pain that he has inside all the time.

"When she was younger my dad begged my mom to have her put down." His hand was gripping the steering wheel so hard that it was beginning to turn red. "Put down! Like she was some kind of fucking dog or some shit. What the fuck kind of shit is that? Like she was some kind of dog!" he yelled.

"Fucking bastard. then at least once a week my mom and him gets in some kind of fight over her and he tells her that she should have had an abortion! What the fuck kind of dad says some stupid shit like that?"

I was at a loss for words. I could not ever imagine something so utterly horrible. I could not imagine anything or anyone who could say and do things like that. His dad sounded like a horrible person. Like a horrible dad and I didn't know how to make this better. Mike had to carry such a heavy weight on his shoulders. I knew that it was going to be hard to leave his sister even if he knew she was safe. I see why he felt the need to protect her so much.

"Mike, I am so sorry."

He laughed. "Don't be. It's not your fault. It's not any ones fault. he's just a fucking dick. But your dad. He is so honorable. He went to serve his country and he loved you so much that he put his life on the line everyday so he can come home with enough money to feed and cloth you, so don't hold it against him because he was and will always be a great man."

I could not stop the tears from falling. He was so right. 'I know. And your sister is lucky that she has a brother like you."

he looked at me. His eyes were clear of any tears at that moment. "What a sexy ass mother fucker?"
I laughed. "No! You're so cocky. I mean a brother who loves her. Some brothers wouldn't even care, but you want to protect her! Now that's honorable, and it makes you a great man. My great man. And I love you for being such a great man."

"What!? Did you just say that you love me?"

I nodded. Wow he was excited. "Yes I love you Mike!" As soon as I said it, I knew that I meant it. I knew that he was the one boy that I loved and wanted to be with and I knew that he would never leave me. Ever.

The car fell silent after that. Every time I looked at Mike he was smiling something serious. When we were almost their he called Holland for like the third time that day to check on her. It seemed that every time he spoke to her his face would light up. It was kinda cute and i loved it.

Within a few hours we were at the school. It was in the middle of a small neighborhood, but it was huge! I loved it and could imagine why Mike loved it so much. The school was the perfect shade of red bricks and it wasn't as big as most colleges.

Mike smiled as soon as we made it inside the parking lot and he did not stop smiling until we left. While we were there, he filled out an application, we toured the school, and finally we entered the office of the basketball coach who seemed surprised that a person like Mike would even consider playing for that school, and he promised to come and watch him play at the basktball's third home game. Why third? I have no clue and neither did Mike. he was just happy to have a chance.
All in all the trip to the school was good and Mike really seemed to love it and he was in a great mood. I was glad that he had seemed to forget about that dad talk. I really didn't like seeing him in such a dull mood.

As soon as we were back in the car he called Brandon and Marshall and told them the news about what the coach had said. They were talking about throwing some party for the first game of the season as well. After he hung up and we were back on the freeway, Mike looked at me. "So you wanna come?"

"Where?" I was confused.

He smiled triumphantly. "My party silly!"

I laughed. "Ya'll were serious about that?"

He seemed shocked that I would asked a question. "Hell fucking right1 We were fucking serious! We have to get drunk-" He stopped short and looked at me. "I didn't mean to offend you. I was just-"
I raised my hand to silence him. "I am not offended just hungry."

He smiled. "I love you my Kimber and I can't wait to get you alone so I can kiss those lips." he licked his lips sexually.

My stomach ached and my area began to throb for him. "Shut up and get us home."

He looked at me. "No more hotel's? It's just Saturday."

I laughed. "believe me I am already in trouble. I don't want to see how much trouble I will be in if I miss church." he laughed. "Oh. And I love you too."

So what do you think???

Fan me yet???