Getting Used To This World

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, and I'm proud you're finally getting it!" She said with tears in her eyes and hands clasped together. I rolled my eyes at her antics.

"Yeah, yeah." I said, opening the door and getting a little more used to this body.

Inside was a big room bigger than my room. It was a creamy white color and contained mostly things with the color burgundy. Their bed was in the middle, up against the wall to my right, with bedside tables on each side with lamps. Two big drawers where placed in the wall in front of me beside a big wardrobe along with a window. The wall to the left of me had a door and a shelf that held not books but pictures. The wall where the entrance door was only had a long desk pushed towards it. I walked inside and made my way towards the shelf containing the pictures.

"Are these pictures of all of us?" I asked while I noticed they all had either Sakura or two adults that stayed constant. The pictures were taken in all sorts of places, and they looked really happy. I suddenly felt a pang of sadness wash over me.

"Yeah, they're pictures of all three of you...Woah what's wrong?" I blinked a couple of times to stop the tears from falling. No, some pictures wouldn't make me lose hope.

"Nothing...They all looked happy and it reminded me of my family back in my world. I love to take pictures; it was my precious hobby with my family. Ever since I was really young, I would often take pictures of everything. I suppose that's where my keen eye for detail started." I continued to stare at the pictures, and although some were done quite amateurishly, they were wonderful because of the aura they gave off.

The innocent young child held in the arms of either loving parent and the smiles they gave off. The worriless, carefree smile of the brownish-red haired man as he protectively embraced his family. And the calm, serene smile of the very beautiful, light-blonde haired woman. I suppose it makes sense now, how Sakura got her pink hair, but it's still quite a unique hair color to have.

I stopped looking at the pictures and made my way towards the door inside the room. I opened it and looked inside. The bathroom was very adult like...How should I put it? They have everything a regular bathroom would have, everything's just well organized. I'm almost positive if the door inside my room leads to a bathroom, then it's probably pink and childlike.

"So what time do they get back?" I asked while I made my way back to the hallway.

"Well...mom works Monday through Friday in her bakery from eight to three with breaks in-between. Sometimes, like today she goes in early or gets out late. Dad is a ninja so he pretty much has different days he works but is usually on patrol duty." I nodded my head as she gave me the various information.

"Does mother or father check in on me? Or does someone else?" Inner nodded at my question. Considering Sakura—or myself now—was so young, there should be someone checking in on me.

"Both. Since you're young and she so close by she checks in on you. The next door neighbor comes to check on you when she can't."

"Why do you refer to me as if I was the only one? You said it yourself, we are one now." She smiled and nodded while scratching the back of her head in embarrassment.

"Yeah...sorry. Anyways, about other stuff you need to know! The bakery she owns is really close by, so that way she can check on you faster." I nodded and walked towards the stairs.

"Augh! There's just so much I still need to know!" I was starting to get frustrated.

"Hey, calm down, we can do this. I'm here to help you with anything you need to know."

"Thanks, you really are a big help." I said as I looked down the stairs. They went down with a railing on the right and the wall on the left. I took a step, momentarily forgetting my size and almost falling to a very painful floor if not for the railing that I was gripping with dear life. I ended up hitting my knee instead, but hey, I prefer that over my head or neck.