Miss Son Goku

Chapter 1: Let's Go Goku

/Before the Saiyan arrival/

(basically filler chapter, please bare with it, it has important info)

Goku rose early with the sun, the rays hitting the soft locks of black hair on her forehead. Throwing the covers down, she stretched and blinked into the rising sun from her window. Habits died hard she guessed. She was still used to waking up at the crack of dawn even if she no longer lived as a wild child in the woods. Goku placed her elbow on the window sill, resting her chin in her palm. Her house looked over the forest, right at the edge but close enough to West City so Bulma could keep an eye on her. No matter how much Goku huffed and complained, this was as close to the woods her best friend/guardian would allow. Bulma seemed insistent that she would monitor the girl she had basically adopted from the woods. Goku asked why and all Bulma would say is she didn't trust men around her alone.
"Sure," Goku admitted out loud to herself, "I'm naive but that doesn't mean I'm ignorant."
A knock echoed on her door. Goku was snapped out of her thoughts but soon smiled brightly and rushed to the door. Only one person ever came so early. Always after one of her experiments or inventions were complete. Answering the door, Goku swung it open and saw Bulma rubbing her eyes, unused to waking so early but still smiling just as widely as Goku.
"I finished it!"
Her sentence was filled with drowsiness but excitement at the same time. Goku was concerned of her friend, it was obvious Bulma was here to show one of her finished inventions, but it looked like she had stayed up all night.
"I came as soon as I finished it!"
"Then come on in then!" Goku said ushering her in.
Bulma walked confidently into the house before setting a large duffle bag on the coffee table between the couches and TV. Goku watched as her dramatic friend threw herself onto the coach then smoothed her short pixie cut blue hair. Her best friend looked like a wreck and would have never let anyone see her that way, except Goku. Goku giggled, she still couldn't believe Bulma had become a fighter and somehow was still vain about her looks. Still she had to admit, Bulma wasn't the same full class girly girl as she used to be so many years ago. Finally excepting the whole no long hair unless tided up and unflattering gi outfits 'gig' as Bulma called it.
"Come on, sit down!" Bulma huffed. Goku hurried to listen to her and sat next to the blue haired scientist/fighter.
"Here," Bulma pulled out a pair of what seemed to be very sci-fi styled pair of gloves. "Go ahead, try them on." A frown and look of impatience already appeared on Bulma's face.
"You haven't even handed them to me yet." Goku giggled. Rolling her eyes at her young friend, Bulma handed the set over to her.
Goku was just as excited, that burning desire and passion she seemed to always have now burned brightly. A new weapon, a key to new techniques and discovering ways to fight was what Bulma had gifted her with. Though the first thing to do was figure out how the thing worked.
Goku slipped the gloves on, they looked like they would be heavy but surprisingly they weren't. A look of surprise graced Goku's soft face before a small smile of determination replaced it. The gloves slid up all the way to her elbow but left the palm and underarm exposed. An automatic strap came and secured itself around Goku's forearm. Bulma had learned long ago during her first tries of any weapon to make sure her inventions were adjustable.
Bulma watched as her friend flexed her hand and tested as the metal fabric bent and yielded just like cloth. "This is really amazing Bulma! I can barely feel the weight!"
"Of course you can't. It actually weighs a ton to normal people, yet again, we are the strongest people in the world," Bulma said winking.
Goku laughed, "Exactly!" The black haired girl stood and bolted to the door, excitement radiating off her. Bulma chuckled and soon zoomed after her at the same unimaginable speeds.

The sky was clear and the sun was already high enough to turn the sky from the early morning reds to the light blue Goku loved. She breathed in deeply and exhaled, this was her life as she stood atop a cliff near her home. The wind brushed through her think locks of jet black hair. Opening her eyes to the sky, Goku smiled a smile as bright as the sun above her.
"Stop staring at the sun and test it out!" Bulma yelled breaking the peace.
Goku smiled lovingly at her best friend, who stood tapping her foot at the bottom of the cliff, with amusement before jumping off.
"Woo hoo!" Goku shouted, crossing her arms over her chest, fists clenched, before flaring out herself after the flip to land on the ground.
Bulma clapped happily, cheering in her own delight and pride of her invention. Goku didn't open her eyes, she was getting used to the gloves as they pulled her ki through the knuckles of the device. Slowly, she opened her eyes to see the purple sabers of energy stretching out farther or shorter depending on how much energy she channeled into it. Surprisingly, they didn't take much energy to power, even the long deadly spikes that she tested to form from the knuckles of her hand weren't.
"Wow Bulma! This is amazing, I'm like that Wolverine guy!"
Bulma laughed, but kept her distance. She knew if Goku made one wrong move while she was close, Goku could accidentally cut her arm off or worse.
"That was my inspiration but these are even better."
Goku decided to try them out and struck out at a large boulder beside her. The ki went straight through and created a clean, four parallel strike.
"The ki didn't even bend! They are just like knives!" Goku exclaimed as she retracted her energy, making the sabers shorter for her to examine.
"Yep! I based them of of Krillin's distructo disk," Bulma explained while crossing her arms and nodding her head with pride. "Oh that reminds me, you and I were invited to go to Kami House today!"
"Really?" Goku said with her head turning away from her new purple claws.
"Yes really and everyone is going to be there."
"Then what are we waiting for!" Goku jumped in the air and called her cloud, "Nimbus!"
The magical yellow cloud zoomed underneath Goku, catching her before zooming off into the distance to the home of its pervious owner.
Bulma raced on foot and waved frantically yelling, "Wait, Goku!!! You have to take those gloves off! You might accidentally destroy everything!"
Goku heard her friend's call, her sensitive hearing picking up on her blue haired friend's bossy and urgent voice. She peeled off the gloves carefully, stopping the flow of ki through her arms, and let the straps loosen at their own accord.
Bulma meanwhile had thrown a capsule to release a small aircraft. Sure, she knew how to fly but she still liked the air conditioned and mostly bug free atmosphere. Bulma strapped herself into the vehicle before turning it on and flying it after her friend who now had the gloves tucked protectively underneath her arm. A small frown appeared on Bulma's face, "I should be happy but I feel like something is going to go horribly wrong..."