28. Love 2 Remember

100k+ reads? thanks guys. Sorry this chapter took so long, exam season really ain't a joke but I promised you guys I'd update so here it is. (Warning: this hasn't been proof read)

Chapter 28: Love 2 Remember

"Ouch, Kadirah! That's way too tight" I cried, smacking her hands out of my hair and loosening the low pony tail she had slicked my hair into.

Kadirah sucked her teeth stepping back some, her hands raised up in defence, "that's the whole point, your hair's gotta look sleek"

"I want to keep my edges too, thanks—you know what, I'm going for a high bun" I muttered, pulling the hair tie out my hair and brushing my curls upwards. Kadirah had put so much gel into my stubborn hair that I didn't even need to worry about re-slicking it.

"Suit yourself"

Kiera then walked back into the room after disappearing for so long and plopped down on my bed, my white fluffy robe tied around her body accompanied with my fluffy slippers. It wasn't until I had seen her stuff her face with some chips and get crumbs all over my fresh sheets that I realised she had been in the kitchen again.

"You're looking awfully comfortable in my clothes, eating my food" I gave her a pointed look watching her cross her legs over at the ankles.

"What's yours is mines" a smug smirk contorted her features as she chomped away. "You remember everything you're going to say for your speech?" She muffled through mouthfuls of food.

"First of all, ew" Kadirah grimaced, shoving her sister's shoulder. "You can never act like a lady"

"Oh, and you can?" She countered, throwing a chip in her sister's direction, narrowly missing her face.

"Guys, not right now please" I interjected, knowing that if I'd let them continue going back and forth any longer I would end up prying the pair of them apart. "And pick those crumbs up off my damn floor" looking back at Kiera, she had an innocent smile on her face.

"Sorry, Ms. Valedictorian but I technically live here now. You gotta deal with my mess and me eating up all your food too" She countered, throwing a chip into her mouth.

I chuckled, looking back at the mirror. "I'll deal with it once you start paying some bills. Anyway, I'm so nervous to give the speech, even thinking about it makes my stomach do flips"

"I mean, it's only in front of about three hundred plus people, and their families ... no big deal" Kadirah said, nonchalance laced within her voice.

"Yeah, you're totally not helping!" Finally tying my hair tight enough, I rested my arms against my vanity table. "Not to mention these heels I gotta clamber around in all day. Just watch my clumsy ass trip and fall on stage"

"But it'll be worth it because you'll look so good—lemme see you put on your graduation dress one more time" Kiera said, excitement in her voice, mainly at the fact that she was the one that picked the dress out for me in some fancy overpriced store we had walked past in the mall. I was practically forced to buy it after I had squeezed into it in the fitting room. It cost me about a weeks wage but it was gorgeous nonetheless.

"I am not squeezing into that thing again until I really have to, I damn near broke out into a sweat trying it on in the store"

"But you looked hot in it"

I smirked, smoothing out the kinks in my hair with a brush. "I did, didn't I?"

They laughed as I swivelled around on my stool, being careful not to smudge the fresh coat of polish on my toe nails. "I can't believe this is really happening, I've already gotten two conditional offers from my college choices. We're really done with high school, and after today it will finally feel real"