When I almost reached where she was standing just a few seconds ago, I saw her typing something feverishly, perhaps a code or password on the I-pad which was attached to the right side of the large main gate on the narrowed wall. 

High-tech security. . .?

Meanwhile, I stood there silently gazing at her back as she typed, despite the thunderous beatings of my heart and the suspicion of getting seen by the guards. Heaving a breath from the mouth I stood erect and stiff still taking frantic glances over my shoulder for the guards from time to time to make sure they weren't coming any time soon. I stood still agitatedly, however as if they could come back any time from behind me when Fatima was still way busy with her frantic typing. 

I was terrified and despaired and somewhat— shocked at all the things that happened in these past days. From all the things which had been happening as of late. 

Snatching our parents wasn't enough for you ShivJi that now you were making us suffer like this? This was a crime and an atrocity that was happening. One ought to report these types of crimes rising in the cities. And I'd be that one. I'd report it when I am gone from here. My determination never wavered as I made up my mind.

If, only when you're gone! The voice in my head snarled, making me blink from the future threats that I'd be inflicting on that nefarious person who brought me here in the very first place.

Yet somewhere in my mind, I knew it was wrong and I shouldn't be blaming Shiv Ji for these atrocities committed by these nefarious people. It was not his fault. It was the very fault of those people who were committing such crimes. But, the wroth I had collected in my heart due to the loss of my parents had me chained in my woe and sadness to even consider what was true and what was not. 

My Maa would be angry if she had listened to that sentence of mine.

Only if she was here.

I clutched Shaurya tightly at that very thought. Leaning down over him, inhaling his baby fragrance, I sighed. I am not alone— he is with me. The very hold became tighter when the gust of cold-chilling air passed through us. 

Right now, I was more than thankful to Sabba for making us rather— forcing us into wearing warmer clothes when— on contrary, I had declined her.

"I have uploaded my handprint as well as password on the sensor. It would take three seconds to open up." With a start, I looked up at Fatima's unexpected voice.

Subsequently on cue the large— main Gate of unbreakable iron, unambiguously opened. And at that exact movement, my elation was obvious. A genuine smile split on my face as my eyes brimmed with hot tears.

"You have six seconds to go before the gate closes itself. You should leave. Now. Go— before the guards come back," Fatima urged looking over my shoulder to make sure that they were not coming.

She looked so happy. She also rejoiced by looking at my happy face. After all, she was only the one who made this impossible thing even possible.

'Oh Shiv Ji! Thank you so much.' 

For me, she was a goddess too.

How come anyone could be this happy just by helping someone like me? It was her kindness. My eyes welled up with new tears. People like her were needed in this atrocious world for the goodness of other needy people and the betterment of the world. 

May God bless her. I humbly and earnestly requested her well-being from Shiv Ji. I prayed for her.  And stepped forward to leave the very haunting place of my full volition and with the self-promise of not coming back. 

Although determined to put him behind bars, I was afraid to execute him. Dealing with the voices in my head, I promised to be back up with the cops for the crimes he had committed. For the suffering, he had made us go through. And for that, he would be inflicted by the crimes he had committed that were unconstitutional, illegal and unlawful. 

He ought to be punished for the crimes and atrocities he had committed in this very democratic county! He ought to be!

With certain hope and faith, I executed further. 

“Just first let us leave.” 

___________________________________

NO SILENT READING, PLEASE!
I WORK REALLY HARD FOR MY NOVELS NOT FOR YOU ALL TO JUST READ AND IGNORE IT. HAVE SOME DECENCY TO VOTE IF YOU'RE READING THEM.

Atleast vote if you are liking the novel.

And,
Oh. Does it like I am dragging it? The story 'Different shades of him', Do you think I should delete some of the chapters? 

And yes. I will be making conversations between them.

It's only I write in the female prospective more because I want all of you to live her character as much as you can like I do. I want to make the story as realistic as it could get.

Your story teller,
Saumya!