Chapter 24

It had been a week.

One entire week since Jimin heard from Yoongi. He hadn't even seen the silver haired boy around campus. The only thing reassuring him that he still existed was the beautiful pictures he'd post on Instagram and the like he received on his selfie he posted yesterday. Yes, he screamed when he saw the notification.

Was he busy or just avoiding him? Jimin didn't know but he was sad and wanted to see him again. Tae offered to ask Hoseok for him but he quickly declined, wanting to seem detached.

But it's Jimin.

So when he had enough of the waiting around, he persuaded Jungkook to download a walkie talkie app, the other not asking any questions as he did so. He would've asked Taehyung too, but he was in class.

"What exactly is this for?" His phone beeped like a walkie talkie after Jungkook set everything up and added him as a contact.

Jimin was currently sitting on a bench outside, basking in the sunlight as his eyes darted around, searching for his target.

"Operation find Min Yoongi, over." Jimin spoke quietly as he held the button to talk down, trying to be inconspicuous.

"And you couldn't just call me?" He responded a couple seconds later.

"Negative." The raven haired boy replied discreetly, standing up from his seat and venturing down the path to the next part of campus.

Jungkook didn't say anything back and Jimin sighed, shaking his head. Some best friend he was. "Code name Jimjam connecting to Jungcockblock, do you copy?"

"I thought Taehyung was the cockblock." He heard after a couple steps.

"Who's Taehyung?" Jimin questioned dumbfounded.

"Are you serious?" He could practically see the frustration in his voice.

"Are you talking about agent Taeletubby?"

There was a long sigh. "I cant stand you."

"Roger that." He suddenly hid behind a tree, peeking out from behind it, taking in his surroundings before continuing to walk.

"Where are you?" Jungkook's voice sounded through his phone with a beep.

"No, you're supposed to ask me what's my 20!"

Yes, Jimin did do his research on walkie talkie codes and keywords.

"Well, I'll be damned." He could picture Jungkook pinching the bridge of his nose. "We could literally just talk on the phone, you know."

"Suddenly there's poor connection. 10-1! Can't hear you!" Jimin stopped in place. He spotted the school cafe and decided to check inside. No sign of Yoongi there, but Jimin did glance over at where the two sat a week prior and swooned a bit.

It was in that moment that Jimin questioned what he was doing. Yoongi must have been avoiding him, there was no other explanation. Maybe the not-a-date-but-a-date was actually horrible and Jimin's mind perceived it a completely different way. He slapped his hands against his face, shaking his head in disapproval.

"You still there?" Jungkook asked out of nowhere, startling Jimin causing him to almost drop his phone.

"For fucks sake, affirmative." He placed his hand on his chest, trying to calm his heartbeat down as he exited the cafe and returned to his search.

Jungkook laughed. "Still no sign of him?"

"Nope." He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Why didn't you just message him on IG?"