The New Beginning

Start from the beginning

When my eyes opened the only thing I could do was stare...stare...and stare. Before my very eyes was a very tiny child. Being the rational and observant person that I was, I took in everything. The child of about two or three years old with vibrant, very observing viridian eyes stared back. She stood with a very small body leaning forwards, tiny hands pressed against the mirror. She had short bright pink hair that reached just passed her shoulders, with messy bangs. The child, although with a slightly larger forehead was undeniably cute. She wore her cute pink nightgown that reached her ankles, exposing her little toes that wiggled on the carpet experimentally. As I pulled my hands back away from the mirror, so did the child in the mirror.

'This cannot be happening!' I thought in panic as I held my aching head. My face scrunched up into dread as The child further copied my actions.

'No wonder I felt weird...I'm stuck in a child's body!' And that wasn't the weirdest part, the fact remained that I knew who I was in. I looked at the girl in front of me who was also clutching her head.

'I, Kazumi Yukimura, of eighteen years old am stuck in Sakura Haruno's body.' I stared unblinkingly, before closing my eyes and opening them, each time squeezing them shut a little harder than the last. Realization hit me like a ton of bricks when everything came crashing down.

'I AM STUCK IN SAKURA'S BODY!' I started to completely panic. Forgetting the mirror momentarily to race around in circles.

'How did this happen? Why me? Why her? Who did this? Oh my god, what about my family!?'

My family was the most precious thing in the world to me, besides life of course, but this was ridiculous. What was I supposed to do? Change the plot? Leave it? Am I even in the anime? Manga? What if it was a completely different dimension!?

I was experiencing a huge case of vertigo that made me have to sit down. All my racing thoughts couldn't keep up as fast.

Gods! What if I couldn't go back? What was I going to do?

"Hey! What the heck is your problem!?" I jumped and looked around. There was no one around, but I had clearly heard a voice.

'I wasn't talking out loud, was I?' Then that's when I remembered who and where I was.

"...Inner Sakura...?" I whispered. Hearing child Sakura's voice for the first time. It was soft and packed with sweet shyness but it only further distressed me.

"Duhhh! Who else would I be!?" she yelled making me want to physically cover my ears but then I realized it wouldn't matter since the voice was in my...I mean Sakura's head.

"Uhm...you know I'm not the real Sakura right?" For some reason I swear I could feel her roll her eyes at me.

"Of course, I'm in your head! I would know if there was something wrong." It was quiet for a while until I decided to break the silence.

"So... I'm really in the Naruto world huh?"

"What are you talking about?" I felt my eyebrow raise at her question.

"Are you serious? Don't tell me you don't find any of this weird?" I felt her tap her chin with her index finger.

"Well yeah, I mean you're obviously not Sakura, since you can speak fluently in a two-year old's body. And you're freaking out about everything and anything."

"..."

"What!?" She exclaimed, and I just shook my head at her childishness.

"Well, there's that.... but, I'm not from here either." I started, gripping my hands on the soft carpet underneath me.