Chapter I

THE GREEK THEATER, LOS ANGELES, CA

THE GREEK THEATER, LOS ANGELES, CA. March 2000

"JAY-Z, JAY-Z, JAY-Z.." The sound of self-made Brooklyn rapper Jay-Z's name can be heard being chanted from the roaring crowd in the Greek theater, here in Los Angeles, CA.. Here we are, all three of us my day 1 nigga Jay the star of tonight's performance, and Memphis Bleek backstage waiting to go out there and tear the arena up.

Me, I ain't a rapper nor am I a musician period, I always felt rapping was corny for a dude like me, so I was more of the behind the scenes. I considered myself at these moments a CEO slash Hype-Man for Jay-Z.

Shit kind of wasn't my style because I was compared to our good friend Puffy who showed out as a hype-man for the late but great Notorious B.I.G. and me, I hated being compared to another man, wasn't cool and women don't like men who act like another man.

Personally, looked bad for my image. But, the ONLY reason why I even bothered to hype every show is because Jay was stiff, and boring and I mean that not in a negative way but he delivered the lyrics, come out hard as fuck, pause, with his music and would stand in one spot, or run a bit across the stage, or use his hands in motion when he spit.

He wasn't the dancing nigga like I was, I loved to dance but on stage nah, but to get everybody going hype, it was my duty. Now, despite lot of his songs were club banger's, you know your audience feed off the artist they pay to listen vibe and energy.

Jay didn't necessarily do that, so it took me to get out there and entertain to hype the crowd up even further by doing little dances, to let them enjoy a entertaining show and get their money's worth.

But, in Roc-A-Fella we were pretty much a team and family, we looked out for each other. If I didn't give a fuck about Jay I wouldn't even bothered, but loved that man pause as a brother I never really had,  we got doors slammed in our faces growing up in the music scene, and I was the one that pretty much pushed and never gave up on him to get successful,.

So, I'd break my neck to make sure he straight. Now, here we are 8 years later, fucking up the game. Besides, Cash Money, and Bad Boys, Roc-a-Fella was on the same path, maybe even bigger.

"Y'all ready to do this?" I asked, tapping Jay with my back hand "Hell yeah b, let's give em a show!" I nodded, at that moment the stage coordinator after giving us our mics lead us out. The music cued of Jay-z's "Is that Yo Chick.

"R-O-C, Memph Bleek, Jigga man, Missy, Twista sho' nuff Yeah, yo." Jay yelled on the mic walking out, as me, Bleek followed. The crowd went bonkers once they saw us on stage, I started to dance.

Jay spits:

Uh, yo don't get mad at me
I don't love 'em I fuck 'em
I don't chase 'em I duck 'em
I replace 'em with another one
You had to see she keep calling me BIG
And my name is Jay-Z
She be all on my dick
Gradually I'm taking over your bitch
Coming over your shit
Got my feet up on you sofa, man
I mean a hostess for my open hand
You coming home to beer shifts and there be soda cans
I got your bitch in my Rover man
I never kiss her, I never hold her hand
In fact I diss her I'm a bolder man
I'mma pimp her, it's over man
It's over man, it's over man