"Does this mean I'm going into labour already?" Sofea asked, her eyes were bright with wonder and fear.

"Yes," both midwives answered.

"But I'm still far from the due date."

"Apparently, your baby wants to see the world early."

"Will my baby survive at 25 weeks?"

Both midwives looked at each other in doubt. One of them come nearer and touched Sofea's hand lightly.

"The chances are 75%-85% the baby can survive. We pray for the best. Let's just hope your baby is strong. May Allah guide you through and ease all our affairs. InsyaAllah."

"Amin," Danial replied and placed a kiss on Sofea's head. "In the meantime, let's pray."

----
Aida

Three hours later, Danial came out to let them know that the baby had survived but not without a resuscitation. Currently the baby was taken to the NICU to be placed in an incubator.

Aida was excited to see the baby. Unfortunately not everyone can see the baby while he is still in the NICU. Only the baby's parents are allowed.

Relieved at the survival of her grandchild and daughter, she decided to go home as well as the rest of the family. There was not much she can do at the hospital anyway.

Danial was not ready to go home yet and wanted to stay with Sofea. He mentioned Sofea had gone berserk when the baby was not breathing. So he needed to take care of her well-being.

As Aida lay in bed, she couldn't help thinking. Harrison would be so happy to know of his grandchild existence. She wondered what kind of a grandfather he would be.

She turned her body and hugged the extra pillow. Her eyes wandered to the photo frame on her bedside table. Her heart warmed at the sight of his face. A single tear fell.

How much she missed him.

----
Sofea

The room was different when she opened her eyes. She saw a nurse on her right side with a device to check on her blood pressure. The cuff on her arm inflated with air and collapse seconds later. The nurse then took it off after a few minutes later. She then wrote the numbers on a sheet of paper and walked away.

Sofea turned her head to find herself alone.

Where's Danial?

She was moved to a four bedded ward and her curtains were drawn open. She can see the opposite bed was filled with people chit-chatting. She saw the patient was carrying a newborn baby. Then it occurred to her that her baby was not with her.

She tried to sit upright but her body was too weak to move. She sighed and shut her eyes.

Where is Danial?

The moment she opened her eyes, Danial walked right in the room with a bouquet of flowers, smiling at her.

She smiled back.

Her heart filled with love the moment she saw him. She just wanted to get up and hugged him and kissed him. But she was too weak.

"Assalamualaikum Honey. How are you?" Danial asked placing a kiss on her head.

"Wa'alaikumsalam," she replied, her voice coarse. She cleared her throat. "Weak and tired."

Danial placed the flowers by her side. "These are for you."

Sofea smiled. "Thank you."

Danial poured water into a glass with a straw and beckoned Sofea to drink. "Drink some."

After taking sips, her throat felt better. "Where's our baby?"

"NICU. Once you're feeling better, I wheeled you over there and we can see him."

"How long will he be there? Is he ok?"

"He's fine. The doctor said most probably 2 to 4 months, or once she feels the baby is well."

Sofea sighed. "The cost is going to be a bomb."

Danial smiled, his hands reaching for hers. "Yes. But you don't worry about that. We will figure things out. For now, I want you to have plenty of rest. The earlier you get well, the faster you can see our baby."

Sofea nodded in defeat. Her heart longed to have her baby in her arms but she can't do anything about it. All she can do is wait.

------------------

A/N: I am so sorry for leaving this story hanging for 2 years! This chapter was in my draft for so long. I thought I should at least finish this story. Maybe 3 or 4 chapters more. I will try my best to update soon.