.you found your prince charming.

"So don't you worry your pretty little mind,
People throw rocks at things that shine."
- Taylor Swift

🔹🔸

As the day drew to a close, I reflected on my first day at college

As the day drew to a close, I reflected on my first day at college. Overall, it went well, with most people in Bradford being welcoming. However, there was one guy who rubbed me the wrong way. If I ever encounter him again, I'll give him a piece of my mind.

You don't mess with the Payne girl.

I learned that he's one of Liam's best friends, which only added to my frustration. Liam was rightfully angry with him; the guy had no respect for women. Sure, people throw around terms like "bitch" and "hoe," but his behavior crossed a line. He did not know me, I was a complete stranger - how could he simpy just make his point?

Exiting the college building, I scanned for Liam, intending to drive back home together. Unable to locate his car, I tried calling him, but his phone was off. I remembered Lily's number and decided to reach out to her instead.

Lily: Hey, Sophia.

Sophia: Hi Lily, do you know where Liam is? Is he with Louis?

Lily: Um, yeah, they're out for some work. Oh, I totally forgot to pick you up. Where are you? I'll come get you.

Sophia: No, it's fine, Lily. I'll walk back home. I remember the way from this morning.

Lily: Are you sure? I can come if you need.

Sophia: It's fine, Bye Lily. See you tomorrow.

Lily: Bye, girl. Be safe.

I ended the call and began my walk home, retracing the route we'd taken earlier. Bradford isn't a huge city, so I felt confident I wouldn't get lost.

After a fifteen-minute walk, I arrived home, feeling hungry. Spotting a girl and a boy playing in the neighborhood, I decided to say hello. The girl, Saffa, and the boy, Mike, were adorable.

They informed me they were waiting for Mike's mom to pick him up and shared that they were best friends. Saffa then realized I was Liam's sister.

"You know him?" I asked, surprised.

"Yes, he's friends with my brother," she explained.

Just then, Mike's mom arrived to pick him up, and they waved goodbye before leaving.

Saffa invited me to her house, but I declined, explaining I needed to call my friends first. Promising to hang out another time, I headed home.

"Mom, I'm back," I announced upon entering the house. "In the kitchen," she replied. I found her there, preparing dinner.

"Hey, I missed you," I said, hugging her from behind. She kissed my hand. "I missed you too. How was your first day at college?"

"Good, for the most part. People were welcoming, but some were real jerks," I grumbled.