-37-

Roman entered the Godfrey mansion in a daze. He stood at the landing; the presence of his mother and sister going unnoticed. Roman felt like he was trapped inside of a dream - a nightmare. Nothing felt real. The blood on his hands had turned a reddish-brown; his face sullen and empty.

"Ah, you're home." Olivia spoke through the foyer. Roman's head slowly turned to see Olivia standing behind Shelley, his sister sitting at the dining room table. Tears were falling from his sister's eye, Roman could see; her silent cries glistening on her face.

The sight of Shelley quickly caused Roman to crash back into reality. This wasn't a dream - Lyra was dead, along with his unborn child. Not only that, Shelley was distraught. He was sure his mother was the cause of that as well.

Roman blinked, forcing his tears at bay as he stormed into the dining room. He stood at the table, looking down at Shelley. Her mouth was moving - as if she were trying to speak. Roman read the words on her lips, "I'm sorry."

"This isn't your fault, Shelley. It's her... it's that cunt's fault." Roman seethed, pointing his finger at Olivia. Her smile faded, dropping her hands from Shelley's shoulders.

"That's no way to speak to your mother." Olivia said. "Shelley, I need you to leave us. There's something I need to tell Roman."

Roman stood like stone, watching his sister tower over Olivia as she made her way out of the dining room. Roman was tired; there wasn't much fight left in him after the traumatic ordeal.

"You knew this was coming, Roman. She was given an option and she chose the wrong one. You both knew the consequences." Olivia spoke factly; her feminine hands delicately tapping the back of the chair as she stared across the table at Roman.

"She would've had the abortion had you just given me some fucking time!" Roman trailed his hands through his hair, feeling the dried blood crusted in chunks. Roman braced his hands on the back of the chair, sighing heavily. "It didn't matter though, did it? Peter told me about the abortion... that it was supposed to kill her."

Olivia scoffed. "That was Pryce's idea, not mine. I was against it. I only wanted that spawn out of the picture. I knew there was a reason I didn't like her." Olivia made her way around the table; Roman's eyes narrowing at his mother. He took a step back, her presence dominating.

"When have you ever liked anyone I fuck? If I didn't know any better, I'd say you wanted me for yourself or some sick shit."

"Not only do you have a thing for whores, you also have a thing for monsters. I can't believe I didn't notice it." Olivia smirked.

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"She was a demon, only half human. Her blood... it tasted awful."

Roman grabbed a hold Olivia's neck, squeezing as tightly as he could. The whites of her eyes were beginning to turn red due to the pressure Roman applied to her throat.

His lips twisted into a snarl; his eyes wide as he pushed Olivia's back into the table. She was trying to pry his hand away, only to have his other hand clasp around her neck as well. Roman was trying to kill her. He wanted her to suffer, just as Lyra had.

"Don't you ever fucking talk about her." Roman growled through his teeth. He found strength he didn't even know he had.

Olivia closed her eyes; the sight causing Roman to release his hold on her neck.

"I had to do it." Olivia coughed, regaining her balance as she pushed off the surface of the table. "She made you weak, Roman. She and Peter made you weak!"